Sunday, May 24, 2009

Poetry in Motion

I don't want this to be forgotten...


...

A sliver of light shimmering in the expanse of darkness

What is that?
“It is the end and it is the beginning” she said
I don’t understand.
“Your bitter journey’s end is at hand. You’re free.”

A sliver of light shimmering in the expanse of darkness
Hope?

I hear the voice, yet I can’t see you.
“Come close to the light.”
Near the light, a silhouette patiently waiting
Who are you?
“You never were alone.”

A sliver of light shimmering in the expanse of darkness
Hope.

I never wanted to be alone.
“Come closer.”
I need to do my time.
“Here, time has no meaning. Come closer.”

A sliver of light shimmering in the expanse of darkness
Hope.

As I come closer, I feel the warmth emanating from the light.
What does it mean?
“Salvation. Life.”
“Come closer."

A sliver of light shimmering in the expanse of darkness
Hope.

I see her.
The eyes…the face…the smile…
I know you.
“Yes you do.”
A Fallen Angel
She smiles

A sliver of light shimmering in the expanse of darkness
Hope.

A journey into the light
Salvation
Life

Love


This was a poem written on Jeoff's blog dated April 21st, 2006.


And my response was...

so, i told you i liked you.
you told me you liked me.
it was april fools' day.
it was over coffee.
it was over a pack or so of cigarettes.
i never meant for it to go this way.
i am scared of losing you, pardon the selfishness of what i am about to say.
i feel so much for you and yet, you're afraid to hurt me?
didn't you just hurt me?
when you said all those beautiful things and then took it back with a swift "i don't want to hurt you?"
i want more from this life than you.
yet, this time, i want you.
i may not love you yet, but who's to say i can't?
and who's to judge that i won't?
all i'm saying is don't close your doors on what i am about to give you.
cos believe it or not it doesn't get any better than this
you'll never find anyone better than me
and sadly, i may never find anyone better than you...

i don't want regrets
i don't want to cry over you
i don't want to cry over things that could have been
i don't want to lose you

I WISH YOU'RE MINE.
I PROMISE NOT TO HURT YOU.
JUST PLEASE BE MINE.

and yes, i can't believe that i'm saying this
maybe you're right.
maybe i am just emotional right now...
maybe i need to spend more time thinking about this...


No comments: