Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hero





I am so high. I can hear heaven.
I am so high. I can hear heaven.
No heaven, no heaven don't hear me.


In a world that closes in on you as you fight your battles...where every demon lurks behind you...where your past is your fear...where your future lies uncertainly on your present. There is no hero, no heaven, no face of salvation. All that lies ahead is ominous darkness, betrothed in gloom and pain.

And they say that a hero can save us.
I'm not gonna stand here and wait.
I'll hold onto the wings of the eagles.
Watch as they all fly away.


If I choose not to believe in fantasy and choose to save me. Will I still be able to touch the face of heaven? If I choose to fight my own battles and never wait for you, will justice be served? If I cross my chasms and aim for the face of God, will I succeed? I shudder at the thought. I am no hero and neither am I a martyr. I am someone who simply chooses to live in the now and fight my battles as I move along.

Someone told me love will all save us.
But how can that be, look what love gave us.
A world full of killing, and blood-spilling
That world never came.


And who will believe that someday, I will sit back and enjoy the heat and warmth of real salvation? Look at what hurt has caused, grief and strife and pain. I saw my friends crumble in the name of love. I have seem loved-ones darted by the fiery pulses of affection. In the name of love, people kill and die. By the power of love, people corrupt and wither. People die in vain...


And they say that a hero can save us.
I'm not gonna stand here and wait.
I'll hold onto the wings of the eagles.
Watch as they all fly away.

Now that the world isn't ending, its love that I'm sending to you.
It isn't the love of a hero, and that's why I fear it wont do.

And they say that a hero can save us.
I'm not gonna stand here and wait.
I'll hold onto the wings of the eagles.
Watch as they all fly away.

And they're watching us
(Watching Us)
As they all fly away.


And I am no messiah. I am no martyr. I am no hero. I can only save myself. But I will save you. I may not be enough... Someday, I will die in vain just as the rest have fallen, Someday, the darts of your affection will make me hapless in defeat. One day, your love will torment me with spikes of pain and suffering. In time, my love will not be enough and you will see your real hero. For now, let me fly you off... to a safer place. To a nearer haven. Because with you, I feel like a hero. I feel like I could fly. Touch heaven and face God's eternal punishment. With you, I am whole. And I will cherish us as people like us have stood tall and proud. Flying away as far as their wings can carry them. I am but someone who have wanted to save you from the infernal pain you feel now.

No comments: