I can't believe I haven't updated this blog for the past few months. I still can't believe that for some reason, I've been overwhelmed and swamped with work. My weekends are now sacred, thanks to a healthy dose of overtime work being rendered so I can finish all my deliverables.
I am quite exhausted.
For some reason, I think highly of myself when I'm able to finish a lot of the tasks assigned to me. I love stretching myself to the limit primarily because it makes me feel that at the end of the day, I did something miraculous and I was able to erect the Tower of Babel on my own. Currently, I am at a lost because I am THE only training and development coordinator in Merlin with two sites under her belt. I am the only project manager with no team... and I am the lone wolf in the firm belief that training can have a feasibly good return on investment. Yes, I didn't need Six Sigma Training to prove that.
When Brit Boy comes back, I am sure to tell him how horrible it has been without him. I know I could actually lose my job but man, I am pretty sure they've seen how cost-effective I have been. For some reason, I kinda make it effortless, except that, my boss the current VP did this to me...
Ok, if that doesn't state that I don't know how to handle my time, I don't know what else to make of it. Furthermore, I did raise a concern but I didn't complain! Also, notice how she conveniently left me out of the email trail. Tsk tsk... Such is a manager...From: VP
Sent: 20 March 2009 00:34
To: Meg
Subject: FW: Meg's schedule
Here it is…
________________________________________
From: Brit Boy
Sent: 16 March 2009 17:22
To: VP; Boss1
Subject: RE: Meg's schedule
Hi VP,
I think this was a misunderstanding caused because Brenda is on holiday and Viktoria is standing in for her. I don’t think Meg was really needed on Friday as they were just doing the assessment but Viktoria didn’t know this.
We’ll make sure to be strict with trainees on their attendance in future. This had not been raised with me previously. I want to make sure that Meg knows that her work is valued. Things are pretty hectic in Campaign2 and no-one blames Meg for any confusion last week.
Thanks,
Brit Boy
________________________________________
From: VP
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 1:08 PM
To: Boss 1; Brit Boy
Subject: Meg's schedule
Hi Bosses,
I just want to raise a concern from Meg about her training schedule. She confirmed with me last night that she has no schedule for Campaign2 today so she can handle the newhire training in Campaign1 but since she finished late yesterday she requested to come in at a late schedule.
This afternoon though or around 8am UK time, we received a call from Victoria of Campaign2 looking for Meg as there is a scheduled training which will start in an hour. I advised her that I’ll get in touch with Meg to confirm as she may not be aware of it but Victoria emphasized that there is a training and that’s basically the reason why they’ve asked those employees to come to work that time. She asked for an immediate return call from Meg and if she can do an assessment instead or ask questions from each of them.
I’ve talked to Meg about it and she has raised some concerns. First she wasn’t informed about the training today since the schedule she knows is for her to conduct the training within 3 days and she has completed that for the week. She actually expressed her disappointment on the schedule and was concerned that there might be an impression on her that she’s not doing her job but I told her that I’ll be explaining it to you as well to clarify the situation. Second, if there’s any urgent request for training or changes in schedule, it would help if an email will be sent in advance so she can prepare and ensure that she won’t miss out the schedule. Third, she has also given me feedback that sometimes the attendees are late and not prepared for their meeting despite her advance notice or email reminder, perhaps we can remind the Campaign2 team about it. Let me know as well if I can directly advise SDM of Campaign2 about it. Lastly, if there is an available timeline for Meg's task in Campaign2, would appreciate if we can have it so she can manage her time effectively. I have been getting feedback from other people that Meg is getting tired and burned out so I’d like her to take some time off on those dates that she won’t have training schedules with Campaign2.
Pls. let me know as well if there’s any assistance you need from me or if you have any feedback for Meg, Process Analyst and Bitchy QA so I can discuss it with them.
Many thanks,
VP

1 comment:
Hello! I have an award for you. Check it out at http://cazzapoeia.blogspot.com/2009/04/smarts.html
Post a Comment