This was a tag from Yanka... Loved it cos at least there was something I did that was fun.
1. I am someone who is passionate about work, food, drinks, cigarettes, TV shows and love...
2. I hate shopping. I hate shopping cos of the crowd, the overpriced goods and the fact that most of the dresses I like don't fit me...
3. Before going to work, I love having a zen moment - I have a cup of coffee, I watch some TV and even read some magazines. This is prior to riding two commuter trains to get to work.
4. My very first kiss was in a cab and we were at the backseat. After the kiss, I sighed and I caught the sight of the cab driver smirking at us. Tsk tsk...
5. I practice self-mockery and extreme sarcasm well. I always tell people that the reason I don't wear pink is because I look like Miss Piggy. I actually like the way I look-that seems so narcissistic but seriously, I like the fact that I have a pair of eyes, a nose and lips.
6. When I commute, I like listening to extremely fast dance songs - think Britney, Fergie, Beyonce and N'Sync. This actually allows me to block out everything else. When I am working though, I'd go with the classics (Beatles, Metallica) or alternative (Incubus, Hoobastank, Switchfoot).
7. I am constantly haunted by dreams of falling down. It's weird. Sometimes I wake up because it seems like I'm struggling and I'd have forgotten the dream sequence when I wake up.
8. I can't sleep without a pillow next to me. I'm not lying on it, nor am I supposed to be hugging it, I just need a pillow next to me. I think my parents just covered the fact that I fell from my high crib when I was a child, hence no. 7. Hehe...
9. I am bothered by the sound of old jazz - as in the 1920's type of jazz... Don't ask me to explain why. I think in my past life, I was tortured to the tune of a ragtime favorite.
10. My favorite thing ever? A nicely brewed cup of slightly bitter coffee, sans the cream and syrup and everything else that makes it so fashionably elite ala Starbucks or Coffee Bean. And I never drink hot coffee or hot tea. It has to be served cold and iced.
11. Museums used to frighten me as a child. When I was 10, we had a field trip to the National Museum and part of the tour was to see displays of old Sagada coffins and petrified (mummified) bodies. I wasn't able to sleep for a whole week as I kept thinking of those mummies every night when my mom switches the lights off. I don't remember stepping into another museum until my junior year in college, when there was a research paper that had to be submitted for my Phil Institution class.
12. I don't consider myself an intellectually adept girl but most people consider me a nerd because I know how some chemicals are supposed to react with each other. I actually loved Chemistry (well, Inorganic Chemistry at least) but I chose not to pursue it.
13. My college days were full of zits, failing marks, boy-crazy moments and yes, a lot of classes that I didn't attend because I chose to watch a movie instead. I would come to class unprepared more often than not and that's when I learned that I had the talent to cram stuff into my head a few minutes before the exam, but just enough to pass the exam and not to excel. I used to have a study buddy and we'd go to Starbucks every time to review. The problem was I didn't really pay attention and I was always distracted with the people.
14. Following fact no. 14, I don't look at people because I find them interesting or cute, especially when I people-watch with friends. It's because I'm secretly trying to read their minds.
15. Following fact no. 15, because can't read minds, I read gestures instead. Hehe...
16. I think the best job ever exists in an alternate universe. While people still consider me to be young, (wow,in some tribes, yes...), I've had a total of 10 jobs in 5 companies (promotions included). I think I get bored and restless easily. I don't like doing the same thing over and over again. This fact makes me seem like the poster child for ADD but seriously, if it gets boring, you'll see me put myself less and less out there.
17. I am a big fan of spy drama and action flicks. I know, it makes me sound like a total tomboy but I don't really like anything that would make me cry (think Million Dollar Baby, A Walk to Remember and Blood Diamond which I attempted to watch and stopped midway...I got bored...)
18. I am a non-practicing Chinese. People usually assume that I come from a strict Chinese background because of the unchanged and non-Westernized last name. Truth be told, I wouldn't know when the hell the lunar year starts and what kind of animal supposedly owns the year in the Chinese zodiac. The most Chinese thing I can do is carry a conversation with someone and pick out Yang Chow fried rice in either North Park or Hap Chang.
19. I maintain only one type of hairdo... The layered shoulder-length and slightly colored hair do you see on me is inspired by Jen Aniston's famous hairdo from Friends. Thank goodness it's still alright nowadays because I don't think I'd look good with short hair, or curly hair or with a goddess cut.
20. I believe that life is better with no preferences but I do insist in having my way over a lot of things.
21. The best advice I got was from a silly mug that I got from a white elephant gift exchange. It said "Own your destiny". Nice and deep but it was written in gold metallic glue over a black mug...
22. The one thing that attracted me most to Jeoff is his sense of humor. A friend once said that with the way I worked and at the rate I was going, I needed someone who would laugh AT me. I think I found him. Haha!
23. I don't think it's considered cheating when I think about Dean Cain every now and then or when I go out of my way to watch a movie on HBO or Hallmark that has him on it. I had the biggest crush on him back then when he was still in Lois and Clark with Teri Hatcher. I still kind of do, but I have a bigger crush on someone else. Hehe... =)
24. My real eye color will never be revealed. Haha! Seriously, people think that I wear colored contacts because I like to change the way I look. It's actually because I've ripped, lost and misplaced clear contact lenses while cleaning them. The darker the color of the lenses, the better I see them.
25. I am a big fan of vegging out. I work like crazy for 5 days a week, I deserve to veg out on a Sunday or a Saturday, not worry about food, or bills or emails to be answered. I just prop my feet up and watch countless hours of TV - from HBO to the Cartoon Channel until the wee hours of the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment