It's 3:41 am, I just chose not to sleep tonight. I've been trying to visualize what I want in my wedding. I'm still coming up blank. It's funny... Back then, I never really thought he would actually propose and tell my folks.
So, yes... apart from the workload in the office, I also had to worry about the wedding I will be having. I have chosen to forsake all the games I play on Facebook and also this blog. I am just giving myself a breather because I didn't take any work home this weekend. I just chose to sit back, relax and completely veg out.
So here I am checking out wedding websites. I just know for a fact that I want something very simple. It should elegant, but simple. I think something should always dazzle people, like a chocolate fondue for dessert, or a huge cake with molten chocolate inside, no matter how much I don't like chocolate. I think that a nice simple dress would do, with not much trimmings. If I was to sum up what I wanted, I want a no fuss, non-ostentatious and non-flamboyant wedding. I want the money we will save to be for starting our lives together. Oh goodness, I still haven't even decided on a motif. Or a color scheme. I guess I'm still in awe that we're really going to do that. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that we're getting married. I just thought that I would have more people telling me what to do than me deciding. And I didn't realize that I was this analytical. I keep thinking about the motif, and if it reflects both me and him. I was thinking of powder blue and wheat (think Facebook blue and Johnny Bravo blonde) the whole day and if they'd work. But it's great that Jeoff and I talked last night and he showed me this site where we can work with color combinations.
This is what I was considering the whole day...
It seems like a no fuss and very simple and elegant color scheme.
That other one also caught our eye. It represents our favorite pastime - having coffee. But it does seem dark and gloomy. And I'm pretty sure people in the Philippines wouldn't dream of having brown as a wedding motif. I once saw this episode in Married Away where they had a Black and White wedding. It was beautiful. I have always wanted something like that, but since I want to get married in a church, I might as well throw that concept away.
I know I'm just rambling and this hardly seems like a good thread of ideas for now. I am just scared that my wedding, the most important day of my life with husband-to-be, would be a complete disaster if I don't make the right decisions. When I was younger and older friends were fussing about their wedding plans, I would roll my eyes and say "how hard could it be to plan a wedding?". I think this is my major karma. Now, I'm going to be alone and I have to plan it from scratch. I only wish that Jeoff is here. I mean, I know he's a guy and all, and will probably not go through with every nitty gritty stuff with me, but it would help to have that kind of support. Nevertheless, I'll be sure to walk through the details with him. He shouldn't be shocked with a crazy theme wedding. Or should he? Haha!
I think it's my time to rest. My back is frankly killing me. I am just training for work this Monday, which means I have plenty of time to go through some of my thoughts. When I get home from work this Monday, I promise to relax and then go through a bundle of bridal magazines which I will have to purchase tomorrow.
This be it for the tired (and hopefully quickly losing weight) me... I promise to come up with more intellectual musings in the future. Haha!
So, yes... apart from the workload in the office, I also had to worry about the wedding I will be having. I have chosen to forsake all the games I play on Facebook and also this blog. I am just giving myself a breather because I didn't take any work home this weekend. I just chose to sit back, relax and completely veg out.
So here I am checking out wedding websites. I just know for a fact that I want something very simple. It should elegant, but simple. I think something should always dazzle people, like a chocolate fondue for dessert, or a huge cake with molten chocolate inside, no matter how much I don't like chocolate. I think that a nice simple dress would do, with not much trimmings. If I was to sum up what I wanted, I want a no fuss, non-ostentatious and non-flamboyant wedding. I want the money we will save to be for starting our lives together. Oh goodness, I still haven't even decided on a motif. Or a color scheme. I guess I'm still in awe that we're really going to do that. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that we're getting married. I just thought that I would have more people telling me what to do than me deciding. And I didn't realize that I was this analytical. I keep thinking about the motif, and if it reflects both me and him. I was thinking of powder blue and wheat (think Facebook blue and Johnny Bravo blonde) the whole day and if they'd work. But it's great that Jeoff and I talked last night and he showed me this site where we can work with color combinations.
This is what I was considering the whole day...
It seems like a no fuss and very simple and elegant color scheme.
That other one also caught our eye. It represents our favorite pastime - having coffee. But it does seem dark and gloomy. And I'm pretty sure people in the Philippines wouldn't dream of having brown as a wedding motif. I once saw this episode in Married Away where they had a Black and White wedding. It was beautiful. I have always wanted something like that, but since I want to get married in a church, I might as well throw that concept away.I know I'm just rambling and this hardly seems like a good thread of ideas for now. I am just scared that my wedding, the most important day of my life with husband-to-be, would be a complete disaster if I don't make the right decisions. When I was younger and older friends were fussing about their wedding plans, I would roll my eyes and say "how hard could it be to plan a wedding?". I think this is my major karma. Now, I'm going to be alone and I have to plan it from scratch. I only wish that Jeoff is here. I mean, I know he's a guy and all, and will probably not go through with every nitty gritty stuff with me, but it would help to have that kind of support. Nevertheless, I'll be sure to walk through the details with him. He shouldn't be shocked with a crazy theme wedding. Or should he? Haha!
I think it's my time to rest. My back is frankly killing me. I am just training for work this Monday, which means I have plenty of time to go through some of my thoughts. When I get home from work this Monday, I promise to relax and then go through a bundle of bridal magazines which I will have to purchase tomorrow.
This be it for the tired (and hopefully quickly losing weight) me... I promise to come up with more intellectual musings in the future. Haha!

2 comments:
I'm so so happy for you. Congratulations! :-)
Oh and I know some people who did pink and brown for their wedding and it was quite nice. :-)
You'll get the inspiration soon, don't worry. I was like that when I was just starting to plan my wedding, all blank. I didn't know where to start. Good luck! Just holler at me if you need any help. ;-)
Post a Comment