Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Christmas Prayer

Dear God,

Thanks for blessing me with so much. Friends that I can count on, a family that have carried me through 20-odd years of my life, a career that sustains my intellectual growth and a love that allows me to be true and honest.

Do You remember when I begged You not so long ago to end my suffering? And through Dave, you showed me a sign that suffering is my choice? Do You remember when I asked You not too long ago, to allow me to recover from the pain? And through Irish, You showed me that the pain will remain forever but will make me stronger? Do You remember when I wished that You make me whole again? And through my mom, you showed me that I never really lost anything but a little part of me and that I am still whole, I am still Meg. These were in the past, and now I am contented. I am happy. I am real again. I feel and I see, but more importantly, I have learned to trust and allow myself to be vulnerable again.

This year was pretty special. You saw me through so much... I have changed jobs, lost friends, found lovers, almost died, lived to tell the tale, felt crushed, got destroyed and existed through it all. I see Your hand in all these things. It was a wake-up call for me, it was a slap in the face and gentle prodding and I thank You for showing me the direction I needed to take. I see the love that You have for me... I have constantly refused, but I thank You for never giving up on me.

I thank You for opening me to true love and real faith. Now I know that I should never question You, nor should I even try. I see the light, and in my Christmas prayer, I thank You for the warmth of this light. Happy birthday! Ü

Love,
Meg

No comments: