
I looked at my old blog again today. Man, was i stoned or what?! I didn't know i could write this way...
This was an entry dated May 21st of 2006.
Title: The Emancipation of Meg
adults learn best by doing.
i learned what love was by loving.
and now i'm ready to let go.
i have moments where i wish that he will return.
i am wishing nothing but the best for him.
i hope that he considers that the love i felt was real.
but tonight...
when everything has weighed so heavily in my heart and my pride can't take any more beating...
i can not depend on him to please me.
i can not live through him
through the hope that one day he will be mine alone.
he will always wander
and i am not any better than the people he will meet.
there will always be a better me...
someone wiser
braver
more beautiful
more spiritual
his queen
who am i but a fallen angel?
contending with a charmer will not do...
i am emancipating myself from the hope that was brought to me by this love.
i am emancipating myself from the face of heaven
true love has brought me closer.. healed my wings a little
now that i have lost it
i am broken again.
i am lost again
engulfed in this darkness, i turn to power
i turn to the healing nature of the need to be in control
i may not be able to touch the face of heaven ever again
but i will find the face of God
should i not be able to fly again
i will learn to jump and aim for salvation
because heaven knows that i would love nothing than to be in paradise
rather than the infernal emptiness that surrounds me now.
At this point in my life, I was nursing a badly bruised ego and a shattered heart. I didn't realize that I really felt all these until I revisited my blog. I think there is so much to learn from these previous posts, so I'm going to dig through these posts time and again. I hate seeing a sadder part of me come to life through these posts but I think it's great that I get to reflect on them.
No comments:
Post a Comment