Thursday, December 14, 2006

preponderance

It's funny how you start out in a new company and you're not quite sure of what to expect. That is what is happening to me.
So far, I like the company I am working for. It has a lot of good in it, compared to the other companies I have worked for. Here, as they promised, I am less stressed and I feel like I have a life outside of work. I think I understand that phrase better now..."work-life balance". Aaah...yes, I am learning how to work and not take it home. I never even downloaded the software we use in the company for my house. Why you ask? I don't need to! I am pretty darned sure that I will be notified immediately if I have a lesson lurking around.
Yes... if I could advertise my company to those who haven't found that balance yet... man, send me an IM and I'll so tell you!
Okay, the pay is not as good as my previous jobs, but man, the peasure of logging off and logging on time is precious! It is so sweet, I think I'm gonna have to give my friend, Vicki a hug for bringing me into this sweet company.
I have no complaints thus far. I have meant so little to all my other companies, I mean, I have been taught that the machinery runs without you and all that shit, and I have been wanting so badly to prove to myself that I am indeed indispensable... Here, yah, the machine runs without you, but you're always told that it's not the same way. I have colleagues who were former teachers, trainers and architects and they chose this profession. Guess it all worked out for them.
I have asked myself time and again what I have done in this life to make things happen for me. I mean, for the first time in my life, I am enjoying my job, my family and my friends, and yes, a lovelife...! Well, it's a pretty difficult lovelife that I have to spread the love throught the phone or through the internet. My boyfriend is pretty far-about a few thousand miles away to be exact. He is in Canada, while I'm in Manila... Yeah, I know, why even bother. Well, when you love someone, it's pretty darn hard not to try. People ask me if I trust him well enough to know that he won't wander while he's there. And I confidently say yes. Not cos I'm damned sure of myself, but more because I have to. I do go half-crazy sometimes, thinking that there might be someone else. But then when we do talk, everything seems to be in order... And at least he calms my fears. Although sometimes, I still have to ask whether or not he loves me. He's not as mushy as I am. But he does make my spine tingle just a little bit. Ü
I have been in close contact with his parents and friends. Do you know how hard it is to always be nice? I mean, I am nice, but man... we're talking about IMPRESSING his parents, his family, his friends, and sometimes, it is so darn hard. I remember spending one whole day in the mall, trying to rack my brains for something nice and cute to give his mom for Christmas. Man, by the time I got the gift, I was about to gouge my eyes out of exhaustion.
Oh well, wonder if he is even thinking of the same things. Ah, probably not. Ü

No comments: