Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Trip Down Friendster Lane

Disclaimer: This is in no way a means to promote myself. It just feels good to take a trip down memory lane and to remember what people thought of me back then and think if that's what people still think of me now.



I have not been updating my Friendster for a VERY long time.
I may have been busy or otherwise, completely pre-occupied with a lot of things, but when Friendster was hot (I guess it still is...) they used to call the "Comments" box as "Testimonials". Here are some of the most amazing, if not funniest ones that I totally miss.

From Joy, my classmate in college... We went to Pandacaqui together, and took a long internship at one of the pharmaceutical laboratories located there.
This is what she had to say about me. Oh and I don't think I look like Angelu de Leon! Dear God! :)


11/16/2003 8:25 pm

Selfless!!! She really goes out of
her way to help anyone in need!
Kahitkakikilala lang nya!
Nung nasa Pandacaqui kame nina
Tere, we called ourselves F3(corny..)
and we were so fond of giving away
imaginary 'whitecards' to the maaangas
kapampangans..oops..kame lang pala ni
Tere, kasi si Mike, di sya naiinis sa
kahit na sino. Naka 1million whitecards
na kame, si Mike la pang nabibigyan!
Exaj no!
mmm...tsaka pala, meron syang 'sorry
syndrome.. feeling nya, kasalanan nya
lahat! hehe! Feeling nya, sya ang
dahilan kung baket patuloy na
bumabagsak ang ekonomiya ng Pilipinas!
Lastly...si Mike..she's a very
beautiful person inside and out. Di
nya lang maaamin sa sarili.. kamukha
nya nga si ANGELU DE LEON!!!!


Here's another one from Cushee. Well, back then, they had no limit on how much you write. I think Cushee was just totally taken aback and was really traumatized with what happened to her in that call. She eventually went past that and became one of the hottest models I've ever known. Hotstuff. :)


03/22/2004 8:59 am

Michelle Gan. Michelle. Mitch (I
almost called her that). Mike (to
beloved People Support Friends). One
of the biggest hearts I've seen. She
is so giving and one of the most
sincere persons I know. As a friend, I
don't think she'll EVER let you down.
The first time I met her, I had a Sup
call and she held my hand through it.
We're both control freaks...just a
little She's such a sweetheart. She
cares for her friends deeply and
supports them in their endeavors like
crazy (even if it means going home
alone during wee hours of the morning
and waking up at 4 to go to work).
She's simply like that, she's soooooo
sweet. I observed how she regard or
treat other people and it moved me coz
sometimes I'm like that, can't say no
to people, very flexible and sensitive
to other people's feeling even
sacrificing her own. But she does it
the best with ease while I try hard.
She's so compassionate and that's so
admirable. She's one of the most
beautiful faces I've seen (great smile,
great skin! flawless and clear. Like
looking at an angel's face!) You see
Mike and you feel safe. She's that
comfort place you run to, calm your
fears when you feel insecure or
unsure. My friend Eric pretty much
enjoyed your company at the Club (and I
did too!) I'm so looking forward to
more bonding moments with you. Thanks
sweetie for everything. **HUG**


*Actually, I think I enjoyed spending time with Eric then too. LOL! Too bad he was a bit younger than I was. :(

Another one from Mark, who was one of my Culture section co-writer. We were both correspondents for Kule in UPM. I love this guy to bits! Up to now, when we see each other around Eastwood, it's still the same feeling of doing leg-work together. I miss him so much!


05/6/2004 1:43 pm

Mike was one of my Atsis in Kule.
Together with Atsi Kat, we three were
the Culture Section's Chinese Mafia of
our time--or puwede na ring "The
Charmed Ones". Hehehe! Interview pa
lang ng mga Applicants, close na kami.
Love na love ko 'toh. Mahilig kaming
mag-leg-work together, mag-sama sa
article, magchikahan together, pati na
rin magpaka-toxic together. Yup, tama
nga, super caring nitong babaeng ito.
Certified philanthropist ata yan! May
pagka-Baby Arenas ata 'tong Sis ko na
toh. Sosy na may Napakalaking Puso. :-
) hehehe! Talino 'to at galing magpaka-
toxic sa pag-aaral. Left- brainer,
Right-brainer, pati na rin No-
Brainer, puwedeng-puwede ang utak ni
Mike. hahaha! Saka siya nga pala ang
Reyna ng "Suburbia" sa Malate. Want
some free tickets and free chaperon?
Just approach her! Hahaha! Luvya!
Mwah! =P


To remind me of a schedule swap, Badet actually had to post this amazing testimonial. LOL! Watch out, you might fall off your chair!


03/21/2004 1:37 am

c mike- my sweet n thoughtful batchmate
n seatmate. certified virgin kaya u
guys out there, this girl is one big
catch.dehinds pa nagka2boyfriend ever!
and she looks like angelu deleon,rayt?
i think their similarity does not end
there kc they both look like angels
pero mga naughty girls naman!cge, since
we're in the same bldg na, titirhan ko
na kyo ng tuna sandwich,he,he=)sana
ma2loy n swap natin...


Allyn is one of the most amazing and most wonderful people I ever met. She had the same birthday as me. I mostly remember her when I was smoking once in the Export Bank parking lot, and shaking in so much stress at the time, she asked for one cigarette. I remember hugging her so tightly when she was about to leave. I miss her so much! She knew I threw writing out the door as soon as I graduated. She gave me this beautiful hand crafted diary for my birthday, and wrote there that life begins with chronicling it.

03/17/2004 5:42 pm

In P.T. Anderson's "Magnolia" the
fictitious 1960s quiz show star Donnie
Smith [William H. Macy] said, "I have
so much love in me, I just don't know
where to put it." Took me 30-odd years
to figure that out but you...well
you'll know soon enough because you're
way smarter and wiser than I am. I know
sometimes you feel it's hardly worth
waking up to another day of petty
injustice, random cruelty and senseless
prejudice but...let me just borrow
Hannibal's line to Clarice: "If you're
looking for something good, true and
incorruptible...you only need to look
in the mirror to find it."


I just love how this testimonial was written. I think what I loved more was it was a countdown, something that Chloe and I are both familiar with since Stephenian Voice days. LOL! We still keep in touch, and I swear, should I ever get married, she is going to be one of my bridesmaids! By the way, from here on, I think they started calling them "Comments".


11/23/2006 2:33 pm

10 Things about Mich/Mike/Meg and what have you

10. Her kikay knowledge can really impress everyone
9. She can give _________ a mind blowing_________. (Fill in the blanks)
8. Her witty sense of humor will really make you laugh... nonstop!
7. She's actually strong on the outside but soft on the inside..
6. Her stories will make your time with her worthwhile (in my case, my time is always not enough when I spend it with her)
5. She will go out of her way to help you even if you don't ask her to. She knows your needs and that's the kind of friend she is.
4. Her advices will remind you of Dr. Phil (without the arrogance), Oprah Winfrey (with all the wit), and Margie Holmes (with the vivid description and the insightful facts) combined... of course she's prettier than Dr. Holmes
3. She will listen without judgments but will not spare you with her frank counsel
2. Her open-mindedness and liberal thinking is infectious. You will get an interesting perspective just by talking to her
1.She's just one of the rarest friend one is blessed to have... (need I say more?)


*I guess item number two proves that Badet's testimonial is not true. LOL!

Of course, if people would assume that I am no longer a "cerified virgin" as Badet puts it, then I can always be thought of as a lesbian, LOL. Here's my "girlfriend", Daisy.



02/14/2007 8:14 pm

* I miss my Beb so much!Love love my beb..miss u sooooooo much!I'm so happy for you!You got your man..keep him.Mwah!Mwah!Miss u my Beb, stay hot!Thanks for everything!"


Here's another dude that could very well be a back-up spouse. LOL. Just kidding. Jack and I have been friends for as long as I could remember. In all honesty, I think we were born to be friends because I have never met anyone who was exactly like me even in clothing color preferences. LOL. You need to have a female Jeoff, seriously!

04/17/2007 11:27 pm

Mitch is my double from an alternate reality. In short, she's me... with boobs. To prove my point, here's my testimonial to her: (Reference: See her testimonial for me.)
Meg or T.A.F.K.A.M (The Another-me Formerly Known As Mitch) has been my friend since eversince. Ito yung girl na bibigyan ako ng food every special event. Siyempre naman kasi may siomai at kikiam din siya from me. Dude, you remember the time I spent the night at your place and we were planning to dissect this icky frog? I have to agree with you that it is one of the best times of my life too. Sobrang low-maintenance friend nito, but when she says on her profile that there's nothing she can't talk about with anyone, it's an understatement. The duration I speak with her on the phone on a single session can be counted using man days! Hehehe. Good news! You're gonna become immortal because, by the looks of things, I might not get married at all! :P I dub you one of the most important friends


Of course, when it comes to writing, no one can be as amazing as my EIC, Irish. Apart from being my EIC, have I mentioned that we have been friends since elementary school? Yeah, I choose friends but I make sure I stick with them no matter what. :)


06/5/2007 9:52 am

Ang tanga na lang talaga ng lalaking di maka-realize ng kagandahan ni mitch, inside out. you will love her not just for her angelu de leon looks, diana zubiri cups (hehehe sorry gurl), you will be touched by the generosity of her heart and selflessness, amused by her wit, talent, intelligence, sarcasm and naughtiness. you'll love her just because there's really no logical reason not to do so.
i can't help loving this girl, and sometimes i'm guilty that i can't always be there (physically lang naman) for her when she needs a timeout from everything. kaya, may utang ako sayong kape one of these days, okei? ingat parati.


*This was in reference to me begging her for a date after my BF broke up with me then. :) Well, that was a long time ago, LOL!

Of course, some of the very best comments are from Jeoff. :) Too bad he's busy all the time. Oh well, someday, he'll post this really long comment for me, haha!

No comments: