Sunday, May 04, 2008

Hard Candy

Candy is something we all love. Sweet, amazing flavors bursting in your mouth, satisfying the need for something sweet to fill your tastebuds.

Hard candy stays in your mouth longer. It absolutely stays there much longer than chocolate does. Or marshmallow. Or anything else that can be chewed...

I just had some realizations about my life today that can be likened to hard candy.
  • While I am supposedly sweet, too much of me can cause cavities. :)
  • I am incredibly nice such that people might assume that I am into them.
  • I am incredibly hard sometimes though that people don't want a piece of me in their lives.
  • I come in all colors, shapes and sizes (color: I used to be lighter, then I got a tan from when I went to Batangas with my PS-ELN team, now I'm back to a slightly lighter color. shape: I used to have a bulky shoulder when I was bigger. size: a waistline of 42 inches, to 39, to 36... then to a 34... then to a 35... and now, I don't even know what size I'm wearing!) LOL!
  • I am overtly packaged in more ways than one. I don't intend to save the world or anything...
  • I can bleed (you know when you don't eat hard candy and just leave it on your counter top?)
  • I do get more brittle as time goes by... (what the hell is present progressive again?)
  • I have no plural form. I am the only one. Don't believe me? Believe it!

No comments: