After a long good look at what I have done, I think I did well. 60% of my people got to earn the right to be part of my company. Whew, not bad. Well, I don't think I was doing bad, despite the last post. Seriously... I think I was doing well despite the circumstances.
Now, I'm looking forward to a meeting with The Boss next week. He'll be back from his beloved Budapest and I'm his only ticket to getting those Hungarians to speak better and communicate with customers in a much better way. We'll have to talk about HDI soon as well. Mental note to self: Must be in complete anguish so he increases my salary as I bitch about the lack of tools the organization is giving me.
Yes, yes... I am in some sort of rebellion. I have had it with his knee-jerk reactions. I was hired for a process, not to change it. I ain't raising a finger to push his buttons. Make me a director, and I'll do everything needed. Hmn, sounds threatening enough. In the humor me department, this is something that I should do... Bargain for something greater and something that gives me supreme power over something I can not control.
I simply want the bond to end.
I know, I know, how stupid of me to agree to something I haven't checked out yet. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE everything in this company. I love the people, I've made great friends. Like JD, the sup for the European shift...Yong, their L2 - more like the human lifeline for all things technical... Roy, the reports analyst....Yogi, the lovable fashionista...Rye, the incredulous boy who looks like Nicole Richie...Ela, the process-analyst who looks like a fashion model... and Aileen, aka Boss Ma'am. Lots of names, mostly men. Have I mentioned I work for an IT company? They are mostly men. The last two hires were me and a lady manager whom we will further on call Cuddly (not because she is in real life, but because I can't call her a micromanaging dominatrix without actually feeling guilty about it).
Cuddly has been ratting me out to Pretty Boy, aka The Boss. I would cry about it, except that for some reason, I stopped caring a whole three weeks ago.
Funny, if I care not, why dost thou tryst thy ideals unto the screen, you ask...
Well, surprise surprise... I intend to write memoirs in the future. A male and female boss ganging up on me would completely make for excellent book sales, don't you think? I can embellish the truth and say that they intended to have an orgy with me but I stood my ground and actually said no, hence the pain they cause my head everyday of the work week. Kidding aside, of course, I am but human. I still somewhat carry the all powerful axiom of working-class laborers. You attack my work, you attack my humanity...you attack me.
For some reason, as I awoke earlier this morning, I really wanted to work and I thought about the reason. What drives me to work? Is it cause I get a two-thumbs up from The Boss? What about Cuddly? I don't really get any external validation from any of them. Nor do I get any satisfaction in expelling and chewing up trainees for dinner. I am simply someone who is ferocious enough to stare a lion in the face. Come chow time, I know I just intend to stand really still. Hence the song... I don't really need to fight to prove that I am right. I need to stand still. I just want to stand still.
I know I am never going to fully be immersed in this process. I know I only count to three when it comes to my principles. Give me three headaches and I'm gone. Somehow, I think Merlin is going to stretch my patience. Wait, I think Cuddly and Pretty Boy will be stretching my patience.
Now, I'm looking forward to a meeting with The Boss next week. He'll be back from his beloved Budapest and I'm his only ticket to getting those Hungarians to speak better and communicate with customers in a much better way. We'll have to talk about HDI soon as well. Mental note to self: Must be in complete anguish so he increases my salary as I bitch about the lack of tools the organization is giving me.
Yes, yes... I am in some sort of rebellion. I have had it with his knee-jerk reactions. I was hired for a process, not to change it. I ain't raising a finger to push his buttons. Make me a director, and I'll do everything needed. Hmn, sounds threatening enough. In the humor me department, this is something that I should do... Bargain for something greater and something that gives me supreme power over something I can not control.
I simply want the bond to end.
I know, I know, how stupid of me to agree to something I haven't checked out yet. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE everything in this company. I love the people, I've made great friends. Like JD, the sup for the European shift...Yong, their L2 - more like the human lifeline for all things technical... Roy, the reports analyst....Yogi, the lovable fashionista...Rye, the incredulous boy who looks like Nicole Richie...Ela, the process-analyst who looks like a fashion model... and Aileen, aka Boss Ma'am. Lots of names, mostly men. Have I mentioned I work for an IT company? They are mostly men. The last two hires were me and a lady manager whom we will further on call Cuddly (not because she is in real life, but because I can't call her a micromanaging dominatrix without actually feeling guilty about it).
Cuddly has been ratting me out to Pretty Boy, aka The Boss. I would cry about it, except that for some reason, I stopped caring a whole three weeks ago.
Funny, if I care not, why dost thou tryst thy ideals unto the screen, you ask...
Well, surprise surprise... I intend to write memoirs in the future. A male and female boss ganging up on me would completely make for excellent book sales, don't you think? I can embellish the truth and say that they intended to have an orgy with me but I stood my ground and actually said no, hence the pain they cause my head everyday of the work week. Kidding aside, of course, I am but human. I still somewhat carry the all powerful axiom of working-class laborers. You attack my work, you attack my humanity...you attack me.
For some reason, as I awoke earlier this morning, I really wanted to work and I thought about the reason. What drives me to work? Is it cause I get a two-thumbs up from The Boss? What about Cuddly? I don't really get any external validation from any of them. Nor do I get any satisfaction in expelling and chewing up trainees for dinner. I am simply someone who is ferocious enough to stare a lion in the face. Come chow time, I know I just intend to stand really still. Hence the song... I don't really need to fight to prove that I am right. I need to stand still. I just want to stand still.
I know I am never going to fully be immersed in this process. I know I only count to three when it comes to my principles. Give me three headaches and I'm gone. Somehow, I think Merlin is going to stretch my patience. Wait, I think Cuddly and Pretty Boy will be stretching my patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment