Friday, November 02, 2007

Infinity



It has always been postulated that the answer to life's questions can be figured out using a mathematical equation. A highly complicated one, if you ask me. It goes beyond triangulation of quadratic equations and breaks even the Mobius Strip. I'm guessing it has all the weird snake signs (What I call the Calculus symbol for integration, the elongated S?) and the function goes beyond negative infinity (yes, people, it exists).

People somehow define infinity as a number, actually, it's a mathematical law that numbers never cease, and that anywhere in this universe, you're bound to deal with numbers. Mauk Escher (MC Escher) even made tons of money trying to depict the concept of infinity. And he uses the Mobius strip to somehow capture the idea that something is never broken, and that it all exists as one whole band that is 3 dimensional and unbreakable.

If life is somehow taken as one whole piece, does that mean that life continues on and on without you knowing it? If the Mobius strip is the model for time and space, then space and time is in fact, or exists in one plane and gets contorted by the planar factors that destroys or nurtures it.

Should this be the truth about time and space, then that means someone can contort it to make it go back in time and/or move forward to the future.

If time could be bent, so can space. Imagine the time it would take for you to reach Uranus from Earth if this was true. No more traveling via in light years, but in a matter of seconds.

If this was true... Anyone can live forever and jump from one time to another. Change the course of history. Alter the future. Manage the past.

Alas, the concept of Infinity is true. But the concept of time and space following it may not be.

We've heard it all before. We always say that life is a vicious cycle. We always refer to our lives as something we have experienced before. We keep holding on to the past. Looking for answers. Hoping to change it to alter the future. We always learn our mistakes at the very end and hope to fix it before it turns into one whole ugly mess.

I'm not perfect. I've done things I'm not very proud of... But I know how to move on. I know how to fix my life and the way I deal with it.

Answers can't be found in the past. It can be found in the person you've become because of the past. Life isn't cyclical anyhow. It's linear. You can't expect to be borne of the same mother after you die. Whether you believe in recycled souls or not, you choose the destiny you have and in this destiny, that's where you need to find the truth. Infinity exists only when you know that it's the same situation with the same person, with no changes and with no external factors. But life isn't a controlled environment, is it?

The future you have is the future you make.

No comments: