Sunday, February 03, 2008

Death by Sleeping



It was mentioned in Don Quixote, when a tavern wench sat upon Sancho's bed. Sancho's chest felt heavy and he thought he was laboring under the nightmare.

Filipinos call it "bangungot", an unpleasant night terror, where there is sleep paralysis and an emotional or traumatic sleep hallucination or a dream.

I had the unfortunate experience of going through that just now. Sad, but true... I woke up still thinking that everything is true. I woke up with bruises in my sides and a scratch on my leg. That's probably from all the twisting and the turning but the dream was so real, I really felt helpless. I remember crying in the dream...tears that were also real when I awoke. When I did finally come to, I bashed my arm against my nightstand, and my phone dropped to my stomach.. I quickly dialed the number of the person I dreamed about... and there was an answer. Thank God...

It was freaky and a tad bit painful. My stomach still hurts, maybe from the phone falling on me, or the twisting and the turning. It's near my appendix, I'm pretty sure. I haven't slept since I woke up... but I just realized, I've been asleep for 12 or 13 hours... Now, I'm not sure if I could sleep again.

PS: I'm sorry I will delete all future comments for this post. Please don't reply. The person involved is safe... In my dream, I traded my life for the life of the person involved. If that dream was true... then I gave it all up for the life of someone else... It would have been worth it...