Sunday, November 23, 2008

Award from Raika

Got this from Raika. It comes with a tag too... I had no idea that you can actually tag with an award...nonetheless, it's all good. :)

Here are the rules:

1. Each blogger must post these rules.
2. Each blogger starts with ten random facts/habits about themselves.
3. Bloggers that are tagged need to write ten facts about themselves. You need to choose ten people to tag and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged and also to read your blog.

10 Random facts/habits about me.

1. I am a coffee addict. I need at least 3 cups to be able to function well. I love the darker type of coffee, so less cream and less sugar is all good. My favorite drink is iced latte, with less milk if possible. I can also go for espresso.
2. I am a big fan of TV shows that have something to do with spies (Chuck, Alias, Burn Notice), investigators (all CSI shows, Mastermind, Discovery Crime Series, House - it's like CSI but instead of a criminal, they're looking for a disease, Cold Blood, Interpol Investigates, Pushing Daisies), army/navy majors (NCIS, The Kill Point), and simple people - lawyers, teeners, etc - stumbling upon crime and trying to right the wrong (Buffy, The Practice, Boston Legal, Judging Amy).
3. I consider my colored contact lenses as some type of mask. I like the fact that I can hide my emotions because my eyes are very expressive. When I was still teaching in front of a large crowd (150 people or so as an NHO Trainer in PeopleSupport, thanks very much!), I liked wearing the colored contact lenses because it makes me feel that I'm someone else because see fact 4...
4. I have several phobias:
  • Speaking in front of a huge crowd...
  • Falling from the Ortigas MRT station into the pavement and being squished by a bus - trust me, it ain't pretty...
  • 1920's jazz music...
  • Water - the type that doesn't have bodies of land around it. An island is fine, or something inside a pool. However, beaches where I can't see land or sand totally freak me out. It makes me feel like I'm drowning or something...
  • Inhaling Sarin, Mustard Gas or Agent Orange. I heard that it can be an excruciating death.
5. I am a pretty good cook - especially pasta recipes.
6. My bags are usually huge purses. They contain almost everything. I have sanitizers for all parts of my body, even my feet. This is because I often wear sandals which don't do much to protect my feet from dirt.
7. I prefer working at night because of the fact that the traffic isn't bad. I love the fact that I can come to the office anytime I want and not get penalized for it. :)
8. Whenever I get asked for my opinion, I usually say "it's up to you" and then proceed to say "but if you ask me...". I know it's something my friends hate me for, but for some reason, I have a lag when it comes to speaking my mind. I usually have to weigh whether I will hurt the other person's feelings.
9. The evil side of Meg comes out in dire tardiness for a meeting and in deep, convoluted traffic. She hasn't come out for some time.
10. The creepiest things that have happened to me include the following:
  • Being bitten by a centipede when I was 10.
  • Seeing a scorpion which was as big as my index finger in our warehouse (in the auto parts shop) when I was 12.
  • Drinking a soup of snake skin and freshly-ground locust insides with a dried twig-like catterpillar when I hit puberty. When I started menstruating, I would get clammy and pale-white so my dad brought me to all types of doctors until he stopped with the gynes and went to a Chinese herbalist. The concoction didn't taste so bad. Honestly! It tasted like ginger...
  • I usually grind ice with my teeth everytime I drink cola or soda. Once, I started chewing on ice and felt a different kind of crunch. When I spit it out, I learned that I had just eaten half a spider.
By the way, depsite this supposed affinity with the above-mentioned kingdom animalia species, I still choose to avoid them.

I'm tagging whoever wants to join this crazy game. :)


No comments: