For some reason, I have been quite silent. I somewhat love the serenity I feel now. It's not so bad. It just goes to show how a little perspective can make you feel a whole lot better.
I'm pretty thankful for everything that has been happening. I know it doesn't make for a good read, nonetheless, I intend for people to know that life is such an amazing thing. Not because I'm in love or because the world revolves around me. It's more because you always have that ability to see within yourself and see the people around you - in different aspects. I am fortunate that I can feel my worth to people, and I can value people because they're worth a lot to me.
I've always believed that women should never be contented. They should never be satisfied. I remember refusing massages because I like the fact that my muscles are taut and overworked. I like the fact that my fingers have gotten calloused, because of typing away to create a manual. I remember asking for so much more from the man I love because I thought before, I should never be satisfied with just one thing. I used to think that the world revolved about asking for more and feeding my desire to be the best. I used to be so ambitious that it scared the heck out of me - the things I was capable of doing, the things I wanted to be... Now, when I look back, somehow, it doesn't make sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm still driven as ever, but I would never, ever destroy anyone to pursue something that I want. I think I've had my share of karmic consequences already, thanks very much.
Why is it that women just have this natural tendency to want stress?
Is it because we know that life should always be stressful? Or because we never want to be idle? Or simply because we choose to be spread too thin that we forget what it's like to relax and let the tide flow?
We always want to do something about who we are.
I was always closed to the idea that someday, I'll enjoy just having a good afternoon in front of the TV. I needed to work all the time. For some reason, I understand life now. I understand that working is just one of those faculties people have to earn money. Life is to be enjoyed. It's too short to close to the wonders of love and truth and people and places...
It was Madonna who first tried reinventing herself. She did this so many times that I've lost count. Not bad for a one-time waitress.
She says it well...
I'm pretty thankful for everything that has been happening. I know it doesn't make for a good read, nonetheless, I intend for people to know that life is such an amazing thing. Not because I'm in love or because the world revolves around me. It's more because you always have that ability to see within yourself and see the people around you - in different aspects. I am fortunate that I can feel my worth to people, and I can value people because they're worth a lot to me.
I've always believed that women should never be contented. They should never be satisfied. I remember refusing massages because I like the fact that my muscles are taut and overworked. I like the fact that my fingers have gotten calloused, because of typing away to create a manual. I remember asking for so much more from the man I love because I thought before, I should never be satisfied with just one thing. I used to think that the world revolved about asking for more and feeding my desire to be the best. I used to be so ambitious that it scared the heck out of me - the things I was capable of doing, the things I wanted to be... Now, when I look back, somehow, it doesn't make sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm still driven as ever, but I would never, ever destroy anyone to pursue something that I want. I think I've had my share of karmic consequences already, thanks very much.
Why is it that women just have this natural tendency to want stress?
Is it because we know that life should always be stressful? Or because we never want to be idle? Or simply because we choose to be spread too thin that we forget what it's like to relax and let the tide flow?
We always want to do something about who we are.
I was always closed to the idea that someday, I'll enjoy just having a good afternoon in front of the TV. I needed to work all the time. For some reason, I understand life now. I understand that working is just one of those faculties people have to earn money. Life is to be enjoyed. It's too short to close to the wonders of love and truth and people and places...
It was Madonna who first tried reinventing herself. She did this so many times that I've lost count. Not bad for a one-time waitress.
She says it well...
How can life be what you want it to be?
You're frozen...when your heart's not open

3 comments:
yup. desire is the fuel of life.
To desire is good. To cover isn't. ;-) Ha, still bothering me. Hey meg! :-)
You shouldn't be bothered. I think life is meant to be enjoyed. Weird coming from someone who's ambitious as me. Nonetheless, it's all good. ;)
Everyone must be open to changes, for in changes, we grow.
hey, I have an award and a tag for you. He he!
Post a Comment