This song was written by the Sex Pistols in the advent of anarchy in the UK. How apt. I found something that truly mirrors what I feel.
Been a while since I last updated my blog and it's ridiculous that I'll be writing about my queen. My boss, the SDM from hell.
Alright, so it all started when she was hired. Everything seems quite fine until the time that she took over completely from Brit Boy (see previous posts).
1. She asks for tons of reports that she fails to check or even review.
The funny thing about being her subordinate is I get to manage three sites while she only manages one - she manages it badly. I ain't saying I'm great and all. Nonetheless, I am unbelievably appalled by her lack of coordination and motivation when it comes to dealing with her employees. It's derogatory to everyone involved. She asked me for several reports which she fails to even view! Now she's about to make my performance appraisal. I shudder to think about what that performance appraisal will be like given that she doesn't understand shit about what I do. I made several templates for a campaign we have in Budapest that she failed to even look at. It's ridiculous! How can someone who choose to ignore what I do understand what I need and how freakin' hard my job is?! And she has the audacity to tell me she'll be doing my performance appraisal?! Oh Brit Boy will hear a lot from me come March.
2. She fails to inform me of basic issues that needs to be addressed during training or issues that need to be addressed by me.
It is almost impossible for me to fathom what kind of mind she has. I don't know if she mainly assumes that I know, or if she assumes that I can read her mind, or if she just chooses not to tell me.
First, she fails to inform me that this QA analyst will be part of an off-site Six Sigma training. It was the accountant who told me that I should coordinate with that training firm to have that QA Analyst join us. It's good that I had spoken with their sales person before and they understood the immediate changes that ad to take place. I still got the discount we first spoke about.
Another instance from my brilliant SDM is failing to tell me that one of our developed tools has an error - a bug if you will, and this causes some of our customers to be unable to access or log some of their requests. This should be addressed during training. We don't have set procedures for that particular bug but I seriously think that we should contact our developers and ask for a list of bugs in that particular development and maybe a workaround, that way our analysts aren't lost AND confused as to what to do. She came up with a comment like "Eh kasi usually busy sila..." Yeah, sure they're fucking busy but you're the goddamned SDM! For crying out loud. sometimes, this woman is unbearable!
3. There is no justice in my company.
So there's this German bi-lingual agent who has been wreaking havoc on the operations floor. Since I'm not from operations, I choose not to even meddle but how is it that this Nazi (Disclaimer: I'm sorry, I know that is incredibly racist to say, but he is an amazingly horrible person. People in the office call him bakulaw, gerbak [short for German Bakulaw], ass wipe and asshole - ALL while he is within an earshot, so if you can imagine how someone like that can be treated as such, then you must then understand that when I call him Nazi, I am in fact being nice and not being racist. The original Nazi was Austrian. He never was German...). He complains about every little policy in the handbook. Ok, supposedly that's great right? People who challenge the policy shouldn't be treated as such, and they could have great insight. This old man - he looks like Santa Claus without the beard - has checked himself to Medical City and refuses to pay for it saying that the HR department is responsible for paying for his extra charges - as in those not covered by our HMO! So the HR Manager was obviously pissed. He complained about the dress code, and wanted to impose an English-Only-Policy (EOP) on the floor. He reprimands everyone loudly and audibly so the entire floor can hear, such as a ticket that he feels was incorrectly done, or grammar being a bit off. He castigates people from a different department regarding break schedules, not doing anything and whatnot. The worst part is while Brit Boy is in Budapest, Nazi emailed him and complained about Philippine management. Supposedly, there is a lack of structure. I kinda agree. I mean with that kind of SDM at the helm. The problem is the SDM didn't even sanction that asshole. She followed the guy's every damned complaint! She suddenly instituted a policy where analysts are supposed to wear corporate clothing, leather shoes and all... no surfing, EOP or else, no eating on the floor. We're turning into Telus! The people are angry!!! They are pissed and they want to leave.
Quite honestly, since I've trained most of the analysts we have - I know that the reason they liked the company is because they are sick and tired of being in a call center. They liked being treated like actual helpdesk analysts because they are! Now, they're going to be treated like second-rate customer service agents without any regard to what they do as analysts simply because one ass wipe chose to speak ill of the analysts here? One dude has so much power?
The SDM is giving him so much power. The idiot SDM is giving him so much power and that smug overrated Nazi is now more powerful than ever through corporate blackmail.
Can you tell me if there's actual justice in this company? She's afraid of an entry-level bi-lingual analyst. Tsk tsk... I know it;s bad to wish that Nazi drops dead but seriously, I wish he does. He's old and smokes a lot with a Pinay wife who looks like she was raised in a girly bar, plus the fact that he chats with a lot of chimays on YM (cos YM isn't considered surfing). I hope he sleeps with one of those and he gets herpes, fast!
Also, there's this bitch, she's part of quality yet she sounds like the SDM.
Kindly peruse the emails below (Yes that's how she emails us...)
Email 1

Email 2
Email 3
Well, there's a tone of authority in her emails. Also, honestly who talks like that? Am I supposed to coach agents to the tune of a ragtime classic? Maybe I'm just being bitchy. But wow, this woman threw a fit last Friday cos she was moved to the back end of the office. Way far from the operations people and also way far from the people she likes hanging out with. In short, if she isn't the center of attention, she gets pissed off. She kept complaining about the security of what she does. Supposedly, it's confidential. As if! When was a QA analyst ever an issue in this company? It's like they don't even care about the QA!She chose some dude over Yogi when obviously, Yogi is the better candidate to be a QA analyst. My theory? She wants to overpower the new dude and also, in case the new dude fucks up, she's indispensable again. She is actually the SDM's favorite direct report. Why you ask? Cos she's a brown-noser. She is now to attend Six Sigma Training with me. As if it matters to her? The reason? Supposedly Brit Boy insisted, according to Liar Liar SDM. She's about to transition to the Budapest team. The problem? I was the one who created their templates. Not her. What's the point of having her take Six Sigma when their scorecard is already done and they aren't changing it any time soon? At least Aileen from HR and Lucy from the UK knows all the sacrifice I made for that campaign. I hope the credit doesn't go to that bitch cos if it does, I swear...
So can you honestly tell me if I should still work for this company?
Had Brit Boy been my boss, it would have been easier. But now, the SDM, the Nazi and the bitch have joined forces. Tsk tsk, it's the end of an era. They have become the terrible trio. I hope some company would offer them a job so they can go away!
End quote for today... Something that came from a friend through an SMS.
Ganun talaga in the corporate world, if your boss is an idiot, you can expect co-workers to act like idiots too.Motivation is not an easy thing...

No comments:
Post a Comment