
Watched the movie, "The Fast and the Furious, Tokyo Drift" the other night. I almost fell out of my chair. OMG! It was amazing, amazing, amazing!
While I have to say that I'm not a big fan of Lucas Black nor Bow Wow, I have to say that it was a very great experience. I liked the cool cars and how amazing the drifting scenes were. It took a lot of effort for me not to beg my brother to give me a fake DVD copy of that. I wanted to watch it over and over again.
My favorite scene was pretty anti-climactic. It was when Han Vielside Mazda (The orange-black car)crashed into DK's Vielside Nissan Fairlady (The black car)! It was pretty intense and the effects were priceless!
The story begins with Sean being mercilessly thrown to Japan, because of the racing antics he pulled in the US. He had to live with his dad, a marine officer. He automatically plunged himself in trouble with a successful businessman who believed in his racing abilities named Han (Sung Kang) who had a partner named DK, short for Drift King (Brian Tee). Racing for Han, he perfected the art and the skill of drifting and fought to avenge Han's death.
Han's death (the crash I described above) was because DK found out that he was being cheated off some money by Han who had side deals all the while that DK was running the business Yakuza style. DK's uncle, a Yakuza gang lord, discovered Han's shady deals and shamed DK by confronting him in his own den.
The story deals mainly with Japanese culture. You see a lot of Japanese men crying, DK in particular, when he was confronted due to the bad business deals of Han, and one of DK's henchmen who lost a drifting race to Sean. You see perfectionism in the face of major adversity.
You also see how one man struggles to fight for his honor, which essentially is what the Fast and the Furious movie franchise was all about.
I honestly think Paul Walker would have done a much better job as Sean but hey, I guess wrecking way too many cars would cost a lot of money so they went with the Friday Night Light's Lucas Black.
An added bonus: Vin Diesel appears to reprise his role in the previous prequels as Dominic, admitting that he was one of the few people Han has dealt with before.
No comments:
Post a Comment