
Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion love actually is all around.
-Prime Minister (portrayed by Hugh Grant)
Motion Picture - Love, Actually (2003)
Reflecting on this year's ups and downs, I just realized that love sort of makes the world go round. Love of money, love of family, of a man or a woman. It makes people desire more, want something other than the life they have, achieve things beyond their wildest dreams...it makes them late for work, buy sexy lingerie and do crazy things.
And love actually is...
- Just a wonderful, exciting feeling that makes you believe that the world is a swirl of orange-colored skies and pink trees with rainbow drippings in every step.
- A crazy deranged feeling that kills you as much as it sustains you.
- An excuse to be crazy.
- The be all and end all of my existence.
- Hurts big time!
- Cradles you in time of need.
- Makes you look forward to the next year, and the next, and the next...
- Gives you less reasons to fear being tied down to a single person for the rest of your life.
- Is not easy to do, especially when you've been hurt before...
- Takes so much of your time and effort.
- Does crazy things to your insides when you're about to see the man or woman of your dreams.
- Not lust.
- Not security or trust or any of those words that you thought you were looking for in a man or a woman.
- An absolute bliss to have.
- A remarkable journey that I know is worth having.
And love actually is what I intend to pursue the next year, and the next... and the next.
No comments:
Post a Comment