A classic... No video, just a black and white picture of Ella Fitzgerald and it's something you might hear over a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato. It's almost impossible that I'd be listening to this song on a lazy Sunday morning.
I've been reviewing for my SDI certification and I thought of updating my laptop for some new Vista updates and to check some email from the office and I realized how much I remember the first date I've ever had with Jeoff. He doesn't remember much, but for some reason, I remember most of it. I remember how he smells - how the waiter keeps popping in and out with three plates of Mexican snack - the Quesadilla, the Nachos, the Fajitas...the beer. Everything seemed so wonderful though we were only a few meters away from the office. It was as if time stood still. It's ridiculous how much I remember what we talked about, how we talked about it... The morning after that date that made me send him more than a dozen SMS'.
For some reason, at that moment, I never really thought it would go anywhere, but here we are... Several years after, still clinging on to each other. I'm still smitten with him. He's still smitten with me. I only have God to thank for that. I pray that somehow, he's still going to be with me throughout everything that happens. It's almost miraculous how people hold on when they're in love. I think it's exactly what I learned from Glenna. A little patience goes a long, long, LONG way...
What I told him earlier was everything I have been feeling... It's getting really sad not coming home to someone who thinks you're worth everything. It's getting sadder and sadder not coming home to someone who cares about your day or thinks greatly of you even when you snore and drool comes out of your lips when you sleep.
I have been told once that relationship is not counting the years, but making the years count. I think somehow, I sincerely want to make the years count more.
I've been reviewing for my SDI certification and I thought of updating my laptop for some new Vista updates and to check some email from the office and I realized how much I remember the first date I've ever had with Jeoff. He doesn't remember much, but for some reason, I remember most of it. I remember how he smells - how the waiter keeps popping in and out with three plates of Mexican snack - the Quesadilla, the Nachos, the Fajitas...the beer. Everything seemed so wonderful though we were only a few meters away from the office. It was as if time stood still. It's ridiculous how much I remember what we talked about, how we talked about it... The morning after that date that made me send him more than a dozen SMS'.
For some reason, at that moment, I never really thought it would go anywhere, but here we are... Several years after, still clinging on to each other. I'm still smitten with him. He's still smitten with me. I only have God to thank for that. I pray that somehow, he's still going to be with me throughout everything that happens. It's almost miraculous how people hold on when they're in love. I think it's exactly what I learned from Glenna. A little patience goes a long, long, LONG way...
What I told him earlier was everything I have been feeling... It's getting really sad not coming home to someone who thinks you're worth everything. It's getting sadder and sadder not coming home to someone who cares about your day or thinks greatly of you even when you snore and drool comes out of your lips when you sleep.
I have been told once that relationship is not counting the years, but making the years count. I think somehow, I sincerely want to make the years count more.
No comments:
Post a Comment