Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dr. Wilson is In

I could not relate more to this guy. I am Dr. Wilson, in the flesh, except that I am no doctor and I do not have an Amber. I do have a Dr. House though. And this is the dynamics of their relationship...


Dr. House, a brilliant yet slightly socially inept doctor, is a good friend of Dr. Wilson's. They spend most weekends together. They lived in Dr House's apartment for some time when he was kicked out of his own home by his then 3rd wife. Dr. Wilson is an expert in Oncology whilst Dr. House led the team of Diagnostic Medicine (no such department in local hospitals, unfortunately). Nonetheless, the two remained friends, through and through. While House berated everything in Wilson's life - marriage, family, practice, honesty, integrity, loyalty, civility - he remained steadfastly loyal as a friend. Wilson, of course, would be as nice as possible and save House' ass from being fired every time he messes up.

It's unbelievable how these two completely opposite people would end up being friends. Yet they are, through and through...

Dr. House just quit. It seems like the end of an era for the hospital. He got so fed up with the system and how people there supposedly don't care about targets and statistics. I think he chooses to care so much about other things because he doesn't want to care about the things he should care about. It's hard to be his friend, but it's harder to not be his friend. I guess there's still that little idea that I can save the world. The messianic me that tries to surface every now and then... Yet I know he's equally as brilliant and as valuable. It never felt good saving his ass every now and then, it always felt right. I must have been one helluva good lawyer a few lifetimes ago. It was always an idea - a feeling that somehow - I should do something good for him because the universe owes him for all the bad things that had happened to him. However, you do teach people and the universe, for that matter, how to treat you. You program yourself to be who and how you want to be. You decide who you should be and what should matter to you.

I was talking with Jay over IM the other day... He is just a hater, he says. Well, he doesn't hate. He just perceives that he hates.

No comments: