There's something beating here inside my body
And it's called a heart
You know how easy it is to tear it apart
If I lend it to you, would you keep it safe for me
I'll lend it to you, will you treat it tenderly
There's something beating here inside my body
And it's called a heart
Love can suck big time. Especially when you're on the losing end of things. I just realized that over a span of a few years, I have been blissfully unaware of things because I choose not to be aware. Holes in people's hearts can vanish with just a little love but love doesn't really cure much. I think time does. But it really depends when the person has enough time to heal.
Once, I was told that we choose the people we let into our lives. There are times we can't let go but we have to. I always thought that I was the one with an incredibly huge issue about letting go. Apparently, everyone has that exact same tick - a troublesome affair that they just can't end, a question in their heads about the future, a gray area that never really warrants an answer but has always been the proverbial fly in the ointment.
Now, I'm still haunted by certain flies in my ointment - questions that get harder to deal with because they have no answers. Or if answered, poses more questions. Or if queried might lead me to a broken heart or a jaded soul. Do I really want to proceed?
If life was a huge flowchart, you'd have the answers. You'll have time to process and analyze certain ideals that could in fact lead you to what you want. Say for instance, all you've ever wanted is a man by your side...

You always have the ideal that if it makes a good story after the love has gone. It's always good if you can write it in a memoir somewhere, someday.
Oh my dear proverbial fly in the ointment... ahh, when will you ever go away? Why can't you leave me alone? I have tried to be good and wonderful but I guess that's not enough. You always have to stick to the ointment...
Once, I was told that we choose the people we let into our lives. There are times we can't let go but we have to. I always thought that I was the one with an incredibly huge issue about letting go. Apparently, everyone has that exact same tick - a troublesome affair that they just can't end, a question in their heads about the future, a gray area that never really warrants an answer but has always been the proverbial fly in the ointment.
Now, I'm still haunted by certain flies in my ointment - questions that get harder to deal with because they have no answers. Or if answered, poses more questions. Or if queried might lead me to a broken heart or a jaded soul. Do I really want to proceed?
If life was a huge flowchart, you'd have the answers. You'll have time to process and analyze certain ideals that could in fact lead you to what you want. Say for instance, all you've ever wanted is a man by your side...

You always have the ideal that if it makes a good story after the love has gone. It's always good if you can write it in a memoir somewhere, someday.
Oh my dear proverbial fly in the ointment... ahh, when will you ever go away? Why can't you leave me alone? I have tried to be good and wonderful but I guess that's not enough. You always have to stick to the ointment...

No comments:
Post a Comment