Sunday, October 28, 2007

Haley and Nathan

I have been a loyal fan of this show since it started. I followed Nathan Scott and Haley James' story from the very beginning until they got married, until Haley's pregnancy. I followed every storyline and sang every song Haley ever sang...



[Nathan is outside Haley's house throwing rocks at a window, Haley walks up behind him]
Haley James: Trying to wake up my parents? That's their room...
Nathan Scott: [runs over to Haley] Wait, Haley, look I need to apologize, okay?
Haley James: You should buy 'em in bulk if your gonna hand apologies out that often.
Nathan Scott: Look will you just... I don't know how to do this all right...? I'm... I'm not like you
Haley James: What does that mean?
Nathan Scott: All right, I screw up a lot, all right... and being around you I just I don't wanna be that guy any more.
Haley James: Well, who do you wanna be, Nathan?
Nathan Scott: I wanna be somebody who's good enough to be seen with you.
Haley James: You should've thought of that last night... You know I keep... I keep putting myself out there and you keep blowing it and it's probably a good thing because at this point there is nothing that you can say or do that's gonna surprise me!
[Nathan cuts her off with a kiss]
Haley James: Except that... You shouldn't have done that Nathan...
Nathan Scott: But I wanted to...
Haley James: Yeah...
[jumps onto Nathan and starts kissing him]

-One Tree Hill


It took me two whole days to look for this whole script for the episode where Nathan admits his feelings for Haley. It took me one whole day to realize why I wanted to look for it.

When you fall so madly in love, sometimes, you want to be with the person you're with. All the time - everyday, every hour, every minute, every second - not missing a heartbeat, not missing a single breath...

Yet there are times that you evaluate yourself and sometimes, you kind of come short. You know you make that person happy now, but what about the future? What if you're only good for a temporary high? What if one day, the person you're with realizes that you're not the one?

People say that you are not affected by a television show unless you can relate to a certain character. I don't know who I relate to more, Haley or Nathan. I'm a little bit of both. Nathan because when he loves, he gives it his all. Haley, because she is the intellectual yet naive girl that fell in love. Both of them because they move from one emotion to another, sending each other mixed signals. Loving and losing. Scared and petrified. Moving with the flow. Falling deeply into each other's arms. Knowing that tomorrow is much better. Heightened emotions as they take each other's lives and complicate it by mushing it up as one.

So just as these two, I want to try... And to quote Mylene, the future is how you make it.

No comments: