A couple both of whom have high-powered careers or are politically influential
-The Free Dictionary
Ever wondered what it's like to be one half of a kick ass relationship wherein you influence decisions, materials and yes, even fads?

I have never been part of a power couple. Don't get me wrong, it's really hard to be a power couple when you're miles and miles apart. I just assume that if he stayed in the Philippines, he'd be the Training Manager of a good and reputable call center and I'd be, well, I'd accept the jobs previously offered to me. I was offered a job in Quality Assurance, but it's for an IT company that I would have accepted had it not the repercussions of being the most hated woman in the entire office.
We would have been a power couple. Well, this is me wishing and hoping that we would have been...at least in the call center industry.
That or I would have pursued my own business. I have always wanted to open a bar/restaurant. Around the Malate area...I have been scouting for a place for ages! When one finally opened up, it was then too late and too risky. Several bars had the same theme as mine already. I needed a loyal clientele if I was going to stay afloat in a sea of bars and restos. Also, I needed to play dirty (IE: bribery, letting dirty old men looking for would-be-victims hunt for their preys in my resto, serving alcohol not minding the age of the crowd and so on...). Not exactly the family resto I hasd hoped to have with appertifs for everyone should they need it. (Think Ally McBeal's nightcap hangout). He would probably want towork more on his chosen field, which is training.
Now it's me wishing for careers, for more of what we can have elsewhere. I truthfully don't believe that power comes with decisions. I think decisions come with power. Every choice you make is the most powerful weapon you can ever have. It filters your personality, drives your deepest desires and confines your demons. It makes you face the weirdest reality. It fosters your intellect. It nurtures your soul. Your decisions is your whole essence bottled up in one tiny word.
Yes. I am half of a power couple. I choose to love everyday, to cherish and to honor, in truth, in beauty, in madness and in hardship. I choose to love in every struggle. I may not influence multitudes, but I influence people like me. I fight and know that tomorrow is a better day and I'll figure this out with the man I love. I'm part of a power couple.
No comments:
Post a Comment