Friday, October 05, 2007

Manila - Alabang - Eastwood in 5 Hours!

Yes, I did take the chance to be interviewed.
Yes, I am at fault.
Yes, I should have just stayed home and rested.
Yes, I just came from a very bad flu.

Oh but the offer was too good to pass up. I had to take a chance and see. As my dad puts it.. "At least, nakapamasyal ka".(At least you got to roam around).
The setting was in Alabang. It was so friggin' far, I left my house at 1:00 PM my time, to arrive to the destination at 3:45 PM! I was panting and tired and swollen (my feet were) when I got to the site.

The office was amazing! Sparkling glass doors. Pristine floors. I loved the restroom. They had an NYFD (New York Fries Department) inside the actual building! The Festival Mall was within a 15 minute drive's distance. Parking spaces available like there's no tomorrow. Amazing training rooms. Excellent mini-conference rooms. Friendly agents and even friendlier managers. I swear I died and landed in call center heaven.

But there was one weird bit.

It was one huge traffic jam after another to get there. Getting out of there was even worse. I can't find any cabs anywhere. I had to walk a whole kilometer to get to a post and watch jeepneys pass me by every minute and I don't even know where they're going. It said "Zapote". I don't even know where that is!

The problem is I'm a geographically challenged gal. I had no idea where I was at the time. I knoew my way home and to Eastwood but other than that... I had no friggin' idea where on earth I was.

I was freaking because my panel interview lasted for half an hour. I would have finished earlier had it not been for this weird dude who kept asking me about my management background.

All I said was "I came here for the training analyst post, not as a manager. I want to do corporate TNAs and develop materials again and to teach trainers to be good facilitators."

Oh well. When I was about to leave the mini-conference room, they asked me the question I dreaded the most. "Would you like to be a manager again?"

Quickest reply was "No."

I said "I came here for the training analyst post, right?"

And I left. Never to return again.

No comments: