Been a while since I updated this blog. Yeah, my long while being exactly 6 days...
Last Saturday, I had a great conversation with IndieTao. It's been a while since we last talked. We had a great time. Well, I had a great time. It's been a while since I've connected to someone completely in sync with who I am or where I am... She's what I consider a really great spiritual connection. Don't ask me why. It just is. I can't really explain it. It's just that people wear a mask every time there's an event or an occurrence. With her, I never have to wear a mask. I never really have to be the strong one. I can be who I am and not worry about getting into a bitch fit. From her, I gather some of my strangest, wildest yet most serene thoughts. And sitting outside of the Film Centre in UP with her made me realize how amazingly huge the world is, and how complicated things can be, and how awkward and odd life has become. Yet it gave me a sense of pride to know that I am dumbing it down one second, one minute at a time... That if I dissect it further, maybe it won't work. And if I sat down and let it take its course, it will be more than its weird amazing self and it will be something worth my while.
I have talked about injustice in this blog more than once. How the universe can conspire against you and how much the world can push you to break into pieces. IndieTao was right. She needs to see that people repent and people change...that love is real...that idealism isn't dead...that people see magic and purpose in life. And that is what I still believe in...
Sometimes, when humanity loses face and you lose sight of what should be, anger fills you. It consumes you until you're hardened and jaded by what is in this world. This world may not be all that it's cut out to be, and romantics will never have a chance. When romance has had its funeral and apathy takes its course, you've let the world win. You've brought yourself to the level of everyone else that had gone before you.
And so I mourn everyone who has stopped to smell the roses, only to be hurt by the treacherous thorns that lie underneath. I cry for those who have fought the battle to remain unscathed by pain but lie awake at night wishing death to those who have scorned them. I wish you have never let the world win over your heart. Because at the end of the day, you know that life was never fair. And the gamble was all yours.
Fight the great fight. You never let the world win over you.
Last Saturday, I had a great conversation with IndieTao. It's been a while since we last talked. We had a great time. Well, I had a great time. It's been a while since I've connected to someone completely in sync with who I am or where I am... She's what I consider a really great spiritual connection. Don't ask me why. It just is. I can't really explain it. It's just that people wear a mask every time there's an event or an occurrence. With her, I never have to wear a mask. I never really have to be the strong one. I can be who I am and not worry about getting into a bitch fit. From her, I gather some of my strangest, wildest yet most serene thoughts. And sitting outside of the Film Centre in UP with her made me realize how amazingly huge the world is, and how complicated things can be, and how awkward and odd life has become. Yet it gave me a sense of pride to know that I am dumbing it down one second, one minute at a time... That if I dissect it further, maybe it won't work. And if I sat down and let it take its course, it will be more than its weird amazing self and it will be something worth my while.
I have talked about injustice in this blog more than once. How the universe can conspire against you and how much the world can push you to break into pieces. IndieTao was right. She needs to see that people repent and people change...that love is real...that idealism isn't dead...that people see magic and purpose in life. And that is what I still believe in...
Sometimes, when humanity loses face and you lose sight of what should be, anger fills you. It consumes you until you're hardened and jaded by what is in this world. This world may not be all that it's cut out to be, and romantics will never have a chance. When romance has had its funeral and apathy takes its course, you've let the world win. You've brought yourself to the level of everyone else that had gone before you.
And so I mourn everyone who has stopped to smell the roses, only to be hurt by the treacherous thorns that lie underneath. I cry for those who have fought the battle to remain unscathed by pain but lie awake at night wishing death to those who have scorned them. I wish you have never let the world win over your heart. Because at the end of the day, you know that life was never fair. And the gamble was all yours.
Fight the great fight. You never let the world win over you.

No comments:
Post a Comment