Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weekend Agenda | Reconnection


Well, it's been a while since I have updated this blog. I bet that somehow, I can probably enumerate the things I have done. I have been working, in and out of the office. Been updating my Facebook and embedded the video that Glenna sent me through Facebook as well. Somehow, it's been refreshing to know that she is enjoying herself there. She sounds so different on that vid! Nonetheless, I'm so proud of her.

Justify Full
I bought a book written by Peter Sheridan, called "Every Inch of Her". I'm not a huge fan of contemporary novels, but I am guessing that it's a fun read. I just needed to veer away from so much IT stuff, and this weekend, I am going to allow myself to indulge myself in the words of Peter Sheridan and the words of Philo, the lead heroine who chain smokes, and just left her husband named Tommo. It's fun considering that I always relate to the heroines in a book. For some reason, this was really just a fun read. I also bought a murder mystery book from someone I don't really know. It's no Pelican Brief or The Shining, nonetheless, it's fun to reconnect yourself to words and not to IT processes. It is actually a cheap steal. I got it from Buy the Book, this nice bookstore a few blocks from my house, next to Starbucks.

This weekend will be my coffee weekend with my HS buds, Cym, Chloe and Irish. I totally intend to have the weekend all to myself and yet, I intend to reconnect myself with my number one support group (Ugh, IT term again!). They've been with me through thick and thin, through highs and lows and I fully intend to reward myself with a couple of hours of strong female bonding! Yeah!


I also have to yet reconnect with my ideals as a writer and as a stylist. Hmn, I'm wondering if I should start peddling my resume as a writer again. I should totally pool all the articles I've written as well as the photo shoots I've done. My most favorite one was the one with kids for Moms and Babies. I think I will definitely have to beef up my portfolio once more. It's been a while...

My weekend is absolutely about reconnecting! Oooh! I can't wait...

No comments: