Sunday, September 21, 2008

Of Series and Movies

I passed up the chance to leave for Batangas today. Don't get me wrong, I am not anti-social at all. I intended to stay at home and just work on the tasks I was supposed to do today. I am guessing that somehow, I am turning into a workaholic freak that has no life. I sincerely live for the weekends. The charming aroma of my very own coffee brewing in my kitchen, armed with my laptop for blogging, and a whole season of "CSI" or "Chuck" on the DVD player is just amazing to me. This is weekend R&R for me. I don't want to be in a cramped mall, shopping for clothes that no one cares about anyhow. And yes, gym is not an option as well. I don't really intend to spend 900PhP per session on boxing. My shoulders have been hurting since I tried lifting the water bottle to refill the dispenser at home. Last time I'll be doing some heavy lifting! Haha!



I still have Gordon Ramsay's "Hell's Kitchen" Season 1 which I haven't seen competely. I remember checking if the DVD was playing. Thankfully, it was. I still have yet to finish "Felicity" and "One Tree Hill" which I love so much. I love series more. There's coninuity. It's so sad to see the ending credits in films. I was just watching "Music and Lyrics" earlier and I found out that when I started seeing the end credits roll, I started feeling a bit melancholic.



There is something so bittersweet about ending something that worked for you for a few minutes. And I guess I am indeed in love with Drew Barrymore. It's the combination of a feel good-movie and a feel-good song. I followed it with "Open Season" which had Gray Sinise's voice as the hunter Shaw. It seriously didn't seem like him at all!

Ok, poor rabbits... but it was pretty darn good. I knew animations were not my thing, especially ones that uses CGI but nonetheless, this was actually pretty good.

The only thing with movies is that it kinda ends quickly. It sucks cos I seriously want to have more exposure to the characters. In series, you tend to see how a character reacts to everything that happens. I guess that's why TV actors find it hard to find new roles and break away from what people already perceive them to be. It's just harder to break way from the things you've been used to doing too, I'm guessing.

Work has been a bit stressful lately. And I seriously want to break free of this mundane routine I dance to every day. I am guessing that when Matt finally gets back to work, we'll be able to work on the things I need to work on sans the other manager's bickering.

2 comments:

vicki said...

Mike, this is a totally unrelated question.....how can I get a script signature too?

**meg** said...

Hey Vicki,

You can get your own signature using this link. Then you can copy the HTML code...

http://www.mylivesignature.com/