All about chemistry
Won't you show me everything you've learned
I'll memorize everything you do to me so I can
Teach it when it comes my turn
Semisonic
"Chemistry"
from the OST of "40 Days and 40 Nights"
Alright, not exactly the kind of song I wanted to place on my blog, nonetheless, it's absolutely part of the soundtrack of my life. It's been playing in my head the whole day. I've been wondering about what to do for the rest of the day. Last night, I wasn't really able to sleep. I watched some TV after my weekly webcam date with Jeoff. It's amazing how much I can think of in one day. It's been more amazing what my brain can do even without caffeine.
I was thinking of organizing everything in my head. I wanted a file folder with all the necessary information there. I started to think about how organizations are planned. It takes careful and methodical planning - with back-up plans and contingency measures. I thought about businesses. How much feasibility studies and how many people would be able to run a site. What are the areas of expertise you need to make sure that everything is done to a T and in the most accurate fashion. I thought about my usual Chemistry experiments and thought about the molecules running and reacting with each other. It's of the same principle in a much larger scale. It's all about those quarks working together to form one atom. And in a company, it's all about those people working together as a team.
It just made me realize how everything in this world can be so complicated and so simple at the same time. Simple because you know how it works. Complicated because you don't have all that energy to make it work.
And it made me think. If life was a huge enterprise, it would be a lot easier. You'd be able to compartmentalize everything. Budgeting for the bills goes to accounting. Friend issues go to HR for handling. Major decisions (marriage, breaking-up, having a very vicious vice, change of religion) go to the Board of Directors. New friends will be managed by Recruitment. Daily decisions go to the Operations Managers.
Alas, life isn't a company. And things are somewhat managed by you and only you. So you have to toughen up and face the world with what you have.
I was thinking of organizing everything in my head. I wanted a file folder with all the necessary information there. I started to think about how organizations are planned. It takes careful and methodical planning - with back-up plans and contingency measures. I thought about businesses. How much feasibility studies and how many people would be able to run a site. What are the areas of expertise you need to make sure that everything is done to a T and in the most accurate fashion. I thought about my usual Chemistry experiments and thought about the molecules running and reacting with each other. It's of the same principle in a much larger scale. It's all about those quarks working together to form one atom. And in a company, it's all about those people working together as a team.
It just made me realize how everything in this world can be so complicated and so simple at the same time. Simple because you know how it works. Complicated because you don't have all that energy to make it work.
And it made me think. If life was a huge enterprise, it would be a lot easier. You'd be able to compartmentalize everything. Budgeting for the bills goes to accounting. Friend issues go to HR for handling. Major decisions (marriage, breaking-up, having a very vicious vice, change of religion) go to the Board of Directors. New friends will be managed by Recruitment. Daily decisions go to the Operations Managers.
Alas, life isn't a company. And things are somewhat managed by you and only you. So you have to toughen up and face the world with what you have.

No comments:
Post a Comment