Saturday, December 06, 2008

Replied


Something that Dave wrote on my Multiply Page... I posted it as a comment but thought it was better as an entire entry. I miss my NHO Peeps. :(

One time, when Joey Benin was left alone in the house for the first time because the rest of the family went to Hong-Kong, he wrote these lines:

All those years I've longed to hold you in my arms
I've been dreaming of you
Every night I've been watching all the stars that fall down
Wishing you will be mine now
I just can't believe that you are mine now

You were just a dream that I once knew
I never thought I would be right for you
I just can't compare you with anything in this world
You're all I need to be with forevermore

Yes, romance is still alive. But in the case of Joey, he had to compose it and turn it into one of Side A's most memorable songs.

Romance have to be created. You have to write it, work on it, practice it. If you wait for romance to come one day riding in a white horse, you'll be disappointed. Besides the traffic and pollution in Manila would probably take its toll on the horse. Romance is not always in the taking, it's also alive in the giving.

The guy who cooks up a mix of his favorite love songs on a cd and gives it to his office mate. The girl who writes a note of love on a post it pad and sticks it to his screen. The husband who picks up a copy of his wife's favorite John Loyd movie for them to watch together.

John Maxwell has this 30 second rule. When you meet someone, use 30 seconds to add value to the life of that someone. He believes that at the base of leadership are relationships and relationships exists through effort.

Romance is the same. I agree with John Cage, while most of the world may not give us romance, we can give romance to the world.

That's so beautiful...

No comments: