It's funny how marriage changes things. It seems to do so in my posse, my click, my circle of friends, if you will.
Irish, my bestfriend, just got married.
I treat her like a sister, like an older, wiser sister though she's not older. It seems like her experience has brought me a guide. I tell her everything - the boyfriend woes, the career challenges, the daily ups and downs of being part of an interracial family - the list goes on.
I love her wedding, I simply do. I couldn't wait until she gets back from Macau to tell me all about her honeymoon, about her great time with her husband. I surely miss her.
It seems like the wedding I saw was straight out of a dream. It felt so amazing to see two people being united in front of the people they love and the people they care for. I can't believe how much I cried during the ceremony. It was so beautiful. It was just plain great. Someday, I hope that I will have the same ceremony - not the flowers or the Tiffany chairs, or the ball gowns or the arch - I just really want to see me sharing my life with the one I love.
We're grown up now. One has a kid, one has a boyfriend that is going to be a consulate, one is in Taiwan, working as a personal trainer, and one just got married. The clique that I had in high school is now all grown up... And I don't really know what I am yet. So I decided to make a list to remind me of who I was and who I have become...
I'm glad we're grown up...
Irish, my bestfriend, just got married.
I treat her like a sister, like an older, wiser sister though she's not older. It seems like her experience has brought me a guide. I tell her everything - the boyfriend woes, the career challenges, the daily ups and downs of being part of an interracial family - the list goes on.
I love her wedding, I simply do. I couldn't wait until she gets back from Macau to tell me all about her honeymoon, about her great time with her husband. I surely miss her.
It seems like the wedding I saw was straight out of a dream. It felt so amazing to see two people being united in front of the people they love and the people they care for. I can't believe how much I cried during the ceremony. It was so beautiful. It was just plain great. Someday, I hope that I will have the same ceremony - not the flowers or the Tiffany chairs, or the ball gowns or the arch - I just really want to see me sharing my life with the one I love.
We're grown up now. One has a kid, one has a boyfriend that is going to be a consulate, one is in Taiwan, working as a personal trainer, and one just got married. The clique that I had in high school is now all grown up... And I don't really know what I am yet. So I decided to make a list to remind me of who I was and who I have become...
- Corporate Training Coordinator
- daughter to Mom and Pop
- sister to my insufferable brother
- girlfriend to Jeoff for 3 years and running
- bestfriend to Cym, Irish, Chloe and Mary
- friend to people whom I have worked with in PeopleSupport, HTMT, iTi Consulting and now Merlin
- SDI-Certified Trainer - the only independent trainer in the entire Philippines who can handle an SDI course
- major micromanager
- events planner for Merlin
- magazine writer for "Moms and Babies" and "Health Today"
- erstwhile stylist and make-up artist for magazines
- big fan of Blue, my 1-year old "son" who now has a 73.5 GB of memory thanks to his "toys" and is amazingly white and creamy - just the wonderful color I want my laptop to be...
- avid reader of all books that I can get my hands on - now reading "Sophie's Choice"
- lover of all movies and TV series animated - The Simpsons, The Family Guy, American Dad, Sons of Butchers, Southpark, Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, anything by Nickelodeon...
- passionate about mysteries and investigator shows on TV - The Kill Point, Burn Notice, CSI, NCIS
- artsy-fartsy teenager back then and now still appreciating art
- hater of all things elitist
I'm glad we're grown up...

No comments:
Post a Comment