Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tired



I am so tired today! I have never been this tired since becoming part of Merlin. I honestly am being sort of spread too thinly. Earlier, I had this meeting with Matt, and I had so many action items for the month of August until September. On top of these things, I also have to worry about separate training sessions running at the same time while I am focused on the certification classes I will be giving. The boss has indeed made me a certified trainer. And I am to start working on providing certification classes come September and October. We might have to book a venue come October. I really hope people will be made aware of the Service Desk Institute. I actually sent an email blast on my own, as part of my drive to make people more aware of the ITIL principles we cover. It's a really good way to start becoming good, if not excellent, service desk analysts.

I also had to several language assessments for Budapest analysts. Oh God, I am soooo tired. Did I mention I was tired? I am, I am, I am, I am!!!! I wasn't even able to reply to Cara and Yanka, who's prolly asleep now. Yanka, should you be reading my blog tomorrow, I promise to wake up early and have coffee with you soon! Cara, yes, I agree, one Friday night, I promise to actually have a good cup of java and jolting with you. You girls are the smartest people I know and I kind of need something AWAY from the service desk industry right about now.

I came across a good realization today. Turkey sandwiches are actually good. I had to be in the office earlier than usual and for some reason, since I can't smoke much now, I had to get a cup of coffee. I also chanced upon Starbuck's Reduced Fat Turkey and Chicken Sandwich on Ciabatta. Man, it was amazingly good and healthy! There were tomatoes, lettuce bits and mushroom bits on the sandwich that made it sooooo amazing! I absolutely recommend it. I was expecting something tough and almost dry, but they made it so juicy and extremely good. I'm not on a diet but the sandwich I usually order, Hungarian Sausage, Egg and Cheese was not available. I had to settle for that sandwich but I am so glad I did. It was scrumptilicious! :)

I also realized that nothing beats good old MiniStop Chicken. It's still one of the best heart-stopping, lard-laden, crispy fried chicken I've ever had. I had it for my 7:00PM meal break. I call it my meal break only because for some reason, I don't know if it's lunch or dinner for me. I just know for a fact that around that time, my tummy's already rumbling and that my blood sugar won't carry me through the next few hours of product-specific coaching and accent neutralization classes.

My heart went haywire for a few seconds earlier when I realized I missed a conference call with my counterparts in Hungary because I extended one of my coaching sessions. Oi vay, good thing Recruitment's Emma was cool with it. She was even apologetic that she didn't check my calendar first.

It feels wonderful to be needed, and appreciated. Okay, it feels wonderful to be actually thanked for just doing your job. Even Matt said a heartfelt "thanks, Meg" (yes, he calls me Meg when Brits never refer to you by your nick, I can so push for a training director post - right Meg, dream on!) when I sent him the minutes of the meeting. The perfect moment for me was when he asked the Service Delivery Manager to get him coffee. He NEVER asks me to get him coffee. Maybe because I have evil eyes. Haha! Everyone I coached said "thanks" today. Even some of the analysts who I'm sure raised an eyebrow or two if I'm all that. Especially since I have never taken calls or established my power over hardware and software. These are my little triumphs and forgive me for having to flaunt them, but gawd, I love the fact that while I'm no Oracle expert, people actually expect me to have an answer.

Have I mentioned that I am tired? I'm heading to bed. It feels wonderful to be appreciated. I'll be appreciating my pillows soon too.

4 comments:

yanka said...

Awwww yes - let's get together soon. When you're not as tired. :-)

Your post made me hungry! I usually have the tomato/mozzarella/basil bagel at Starbucks because it's multi-grain. I've stayed away from the sandwich you mentioned because it's white bread... grrr but you made it sound so good!

Indie Tao said...

;-P Alam mo na. Hehehe.

vicki said...

you work for brits? I like that.....

**meg** said...

Yanka, trust me, the ciabatta is worth it. The Hungarian sausage is so tangy and spicy and sooo good! You should absolutely try it.

Indie, yes I do. My celebrate, you birthday. :)

Vicki, yes I do. My direct boss is the Managed Services Director of Merlin UK. But in his absence, I get to make my decisions, somehow. Hehe...