Thursday, August 07, 2008

Taxi Cab

I was waiting for a cab earlier today after getting down from the MRT. My head was throbbing really hard because it was incredibly hot and I really shouldn't have worn my blue dress shirt. I was in the corner of Ortigas Avenue and ADB when this elderly woman approached me and asked me where Medical City was...

"Alam ko po, sa may Ugong pa yun eh. Pwede po kayong sumakay ng jeep papunta dun." (From what I know, it's near Ugong. You can ride a jeep to get there)
The elderly woman just nodded. She looked old and frail. It seems like walking to Robinson's could be a problem.
"Ay miss, sakay na lang po kayo ng Taxi." (Miss, you can ride a cab) And I offered her my one and only ride to Ortigas Building. I know it was going to be at least 15 minutes until I get another cab.

I walked from where I was to ADB, and felt really sore. My feet were hurting cos of the heeled shoes I was wearing and for some weird reason, my tummy felt incredibly full. (Yes, yes, I have forgone all types of diet and ate some bagels earlier, and I really should have taken the Imodium my brother kept asking me to take.)

When I got to the office, I was sweating and puffing. But man, that really felt good. Maybe I was meant to be a doormat. Take that, Myles! Haha!

No comments: