Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weird Finds

Ok, I am so in this weird blogging frenzy. I've been "repressed" for a good five days and never even got to visit my blog during my work hours (not that I'm supposed to), but I was working for almost 9 hours (yes, I eat lunch now, thanks to Jeoff who gave me a really good scolding over the phone).

Alright, so I was looking for funny pictures, only because I wanted to be entertained. I didn't really want to get cracking on my SDI e-books, so here we go. Engrish came up with these pictures and for some reason, I just thought I'd post a few here...


Bubble Cum and a happy boy. :) Haha! Ok, why I took an interest in this is because I probably had this type of stationery growing up. I used to collect stationery from Korea and Japan and there's this nice little store near our school that sells those for 15Php per set. A set would contain 5 sheets and 5 envelopes. The stickers are usually cute too. This was way before the email age, and people still wrote to each other. I even remember having a pen pal through an International Agency which was required by our school to practice writing a friendly letter.


OMG! I have eaten one of these. I think it's also available from the International Aisle. It's a bit like Yanyan, and for some reason, I still don't understand the name. Little Pocky also comes in Salad flavor. LOL!


Starbucks was apparently mere foreplay. Haha! Ok, this sort of reminds me of this weird Korean Tea/Coffee House I visited once that's in Robinson's Place Manila. It's actually got great coffee and amazing tea latte drinks that's almost half the price of Starbucks' coffee. They had this weird interior, it looks almost like a cable car. Then there's a VIP spot that's covered with curtains and little trinkets. I know, weird eh? Just try to imagine. And if you're lucky enough to drop by the Faura wing, check it out.

Ok, the last one actually takes the cake. I almost fell off the couch looking at it. Oh my gawd!!!


Ok, inspirational messages do not go with expletives and they certainly do not go well emblazoned on a sweat shirt. Haha!


4 comments:

ceemee said...

Yeah, those indeed are weird finds! I was taken aback by the Bubble Cum. Could cum be a bubble? Hmn... And the drawings are supposed to be for kids!

**meg** said...

I think it's primarily because they don't have the letter G in their consonant sounds. That's a Korean stationery. Hey, you remember those stationery sets that were selling for 10Php right? What was the name of the store again? Was it Santi's? Or Fun Ave? I also remember that I was with you on that Korean Cable Car Tea House/Coffee Place... :)

ceemee said...

Fun Avenue maybe... the old one with an old lady manning the store? where we buy school supplies?
yeah, at Tsai something... that with a feeling cute sungit guy, right?

**meg** said...

Yeah, I think Fun Avenue is the name. They sold Manga. I remember saving money to buy Yu Yu Hakusho. Hay... 17 comicbooks down the drain. Back then it was like 200Php per comicbook.

Tsai something. I didn't notice the cute guy. Hay, this is me-always oblivious, haha!