I only had 2,000Php to spare. And I needed to buy my line of hair care products... Presenting L'Oreal Elseve Pearl Protein for my hair...
This lovely duo only costs P340.00. P175.00 for the conditioner and P165.00 for the shampoo. I love their liss control serum but I was given one by the L'Oreal people because I used to buy ALL my stuff from them. They have been exceptionally nice. I remember getting a mascara from them for my birthday. Wonder what they'll give me for this birthday! I simply can't wait until they relaunch their lip glosses. They always have fabulous ones. I am also a big fan of Revlon's lip glosses. I simply adore L'Oreal! They've reinvented themselves and came up with amazing hair care products! I also adore their hair color...
So back to me and my mommy hunting for shabby chic stuff. She was watching an Oprah episode saying that somehow, every woman needs a "crisp white top" and we were touring the mall for every little boutique and stall that had a crisp white top. We ended up at the bag area of the mall, and Secosana was having a 50% off sale...
This silver bag is only P390.00. It is a bargain steal! I took it from the sale rack and fell in love with it. It has a rounded bottom and is pretty handy. It's great for those MRT days when I feel drab and I need a splash of metallics ...
This is a super cool hobo bag, and it's weaved front is just pretty amazing. There are gold embellishments that look so cute on the bag and they're perfect for Casual Fridays, with my jeans and shirt and well, it could be great for Brown Mondays too, when I don't want to get up and I just put on a pair of khakis and a nice plaid brown top and brown shoes. P190.00 is not so bad for this hobo bag.
Speaking of shoes, I have three thousand pairs of brown slacks. Okay, that's an exaggeration. I only have two thousand (Haha!). It's just that brown is a very safe, very neutral color and you can put on any color - black, white, pink, brown (lighter browns are a whole lot safer to pair with dark brown/chocolate brown slacks), yellow and green. I wanted brown shoes to go with my brown slacks and ta-da! For P499.99, this is something you can use for the office and no one would know it's less that five hundred smackers.

Being chic doesn't mean you have to be incredibly expensive. It's like what Tyra Banks always says in her show, Tyra, you never have to be rich to look pretty darn good. Or at least shop.
My mom got herself a DIY hair color kit for less than P500.00 it's called Garnier Nutrisse. It's not like salon colorants that make her scalp itch. She got the Burgundy colorant. It looks fabulous on her! We also got her lip gloss and a foundation powder from L'Oreal. She got a cologne from Victoria's Secret and a curling iron.
Shabby chic hunt for Meg - P 1340.00.
Shabby chic hunt for Mom - P 3245.00.
I won the challenge and I feel great about my hair - the L'Oreal hair thing is still the best reward ever!
Speaking of shoes, I have three thousand pairs of brown slacks. Okay, that's an exaggeration. I only have two thousand (Haha!). It's just that brown is a very safe, very neutral color and you can put on any color - black, white, pink, brown (lighter browns are a whole lot safer to pair with dark brown/chocolate brown slacks), yellow and green. I wanted brown shoes to go with my brown slacks and ta-da! For P499.99, this is something you can use for the office and no one would know it's less that five hundred smackers.
Being chic doesn't mean you have to be incredibly expensive. It's like what Tyra Banks always says in her show, Tyra, you never have to be rich to look pretty darn good. Or at least shop.
My mom got herself a DIY hair color kit for less than P500.00 it's called Garnier Nutrisse. It's not like salon colorants that make her scalp itch. She got the Burgundy colorant. It looks fabulous on her! We also got her lip gloss and a foundation powder from L'Oreal. She got a cologne from Victoria's Secret and a curling iron.
Shabby chic hunt for Meg - P 1340.00.
Shabby chic hunt for Mom - P 3245.00.
I won the challenge and I feel great about my hair - the L'Oreal hair thing is still the best reward ever!
2 comments:
elseve does wonder to my hair too kaya lang i can't use it, like everyday. my hair is fuzzy that way.
nice place you got here.
drop by my blog too, ha!
www.katevergara.info [shameless plug]
:)kate
that shampoo/conditioner tandem you've got going on there -- it's strong enough to clean carpet.
don't know if that's something you'd want to use on your hair.
can't remember whose blog it was that informed me but.. fyi :).
jen
celluliticbliss.com
Post a Comment