Monday, April 16, 2007

Tripping (Part 1)



I had the grandest time at Tin's place. But it was such an adventure, I swear, I'll absolutely want to go with someone the next time.

Hour 0700 Day Saturday
My place to the terminal
>>I had to ride the jeep to get to the terminal. I had to get a bus that would leave exactly at 8AM or I was gonna be stuck in Dau for a very long time because of the traffic. I boarded the jeep to the terminal and realized that the jeep doesn't stop in front of the terminal. I ended up lugging my huge bag (filled with books and clothes) around a block til I got to the terminal. The terminal was bustling, as usual and I resisted the urge to knock someone off. On the terminal floor was a mango peel and I slipped on it. Thank goodness for excellent sense of balance (Yeah... keep telling yourself that!)

Hour 0800 Day Saturday
The long haul to Tarlac
>>I have never ridden a bus before, well, at least not alone. I proceeded with caution in buying my ticket. Lugging my huge bag with me, I stayed at the edge seat of a two-seater middle chair and started fixing my really fab hair. (Yup, I got it styled again! You can see the pics later, or when I upload them on my Multiply account, or Friendster, whatever comes first). Anyhow, I started fixing my hair, my pashmina and my other stuff, when the conductor checked up on my ticket. It was actually cool, no worries... I gave the ticket to the conductor and we were on our merry way! All 7 of us passengers and tons of things (think sacks of rice on the bus floor and a few huge tin cans of cookies and biscuits that Pinoys love to bring home to the province).
I put on my sunglasses and decided to just enjoy the view. I can not sleep on this trip. Or I might miss out going down Capas and Tin will probably kill me.

Hour 1000 Day Saturday
The Dau stop-over
>>Oh yeah, it was such a long drive. We drove though traffic in Balintawak, the fields in Bulacan and the new bridges. I love long trips like this, it makes me so calm and I can gather my thoughts in the weirdest way possible. Anyhow, the truck stopped over at the Dau terminal, where some people proceeded to get off and use the restroom. I did exactly the same. I threw on my pashmina and my glasses (Yeah, think Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's) and proceeded to use the rest room, again, still, with my huge oversized bag. In about a couple of minutes of using the restroom (Ok, think of a pay restroom in a truck stop-ewwww!), I decided I wanted to go for a smoke. I exited the pay restroom and saw that the monster of a bus that I boarded earlier was gone! Yes, gone. I was left by the bus in the terminal. And man, I have never been so humiliated in my life.
I brought out my pack of cigarettes and asked the MTEG guy if the bus was really gone. The MTEG guy just smiled at me and scratched his head. "Ma'am, gusto niyo transfer na lang?" I was so fumed. The next bus was gonna take an hour to reach Dau and I was so hungry, thirsty and yes, mildly bored (Guess my thoughts take longer to materialize in controlled environments). I was so decided to get to Tin's place by around 10AM because I was so hungry. And you can't pay me to get anything from the terminal (I know, I know, how coño of me to say so, but seriously, man, those barbeques and hotdogs they're selling are probably made out of horsemeat). I called Tin and asked for a way out of Dau. I ended up riding a mini bus or a coaster with no airconditioning for one more hour til I got to our meeting place.

No comments: