Friday, April 25, 2008

Flirt Me

I just graduated from training today! I am officially a helpdesk analyst! Whoever said that I can't change careers must have been crazy cos I just proved to myself that I am not THAT dumb. I see logic and I can so do this!

Ok, going back home is still such a challenge. It's still a crazy hour's ride to get to the office but OMG, I love this job! When Matt gets back from Budapest, I am so treating him to dinner! Well, okay, I owe him dinner. Haha! Did I mention he's vegan?! I guess all that belief in me wasn't such a waste. I do have talent and I can fix computers and troubleshoot!

Apart from that, what is with today that everybody seems like they're flirting with me? After the assessment, there was one agent who kept on looking at me. The sup, JD, mentioned that he has been staring at me like that since day one. Nice. Men are starting to take notice. It just feels like lately, I'm so losyang. Haha. That's a word. Losyang! Losyang na si Meg.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being boy-crazy. It's just that somehow, I do need external validation that I am pretty and that I am pretty desirable. I go home every night to an empty bed and almost no food. I'm pretty miserable... nothing wrong with believing that men do intend to get into my pants and do intend to make me sorry that I ever spoke with them. While I have no intentions whatsoever of actually sleeping with any of them...I intend to use this newfound power and turn it to something useful, like someone carrying my laptop until I get a cab, or actually waiting for me to get a cab. Hah! I'm such a user!

One little snag though, Jeoff has been pretty unable (or unwilling) to talk with me again. Oh well, he is in FL now, training, but come on! if I sent him a text message and he chooses to ignore it. I sent him an email which he also chose to ignore. I swear, sometimes... Oh well. What can I do?

Anyhow, the excitement of today was pretty great for me. Today I learned and proved to myself and to everyone that I am not obsessed with Jeoff. I am not going through a quarter-life crisis. I am not dumb. AND men still want me. I had a very bruised ego when I started in Merlin. Bad assessments, bad motive, bad KPI matching. Now, I think I'm learning how to fit in. Hopefully, nicely.